You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The GNRev Cover Song Challenge

monkeychow wrote:

Cool vids everyone smile

Here's my cover of ZZ Top's La Grange.

It's only recorded on cheap software so sounds like ass.

The drums and bass are from a backing track, but the poor vocals, rhythm guitars and lead guitars are me.

I just bought protools, but am upgrading my pc to get it to run, so hopefully when we do our next group project the audio quality of anything i contribute will be better.

Anyway..here it is, appologies to the great ZZ top!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

That's pretty f'ing good. Is the solo at 1:15 you?  Spot on.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Sounds like Dave Mustaine doing ZZ Top!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah both the solos are me, but I think I liked the first one too, was trying to get enough of the traditional solo in while adding a bit of metal - like tapping and some squeels that i'm addicted to doing...hehe smile

Thanks so much for the kind words, you guys are great for my ego cos normally I'm kinda shy to play for people smile

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

We can have a "GNRev squealie-off"!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ok...well i think i know what i'm gonna do...juts have to wait till the kids go to sleep then i'll try to get it recorded and uploaded

it aint gonna be pretty, but i managed to squaeeze in about an hour practice this aft so its gonna have to do smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow, you guys are already doing this? I thought we were still in procrastination mode. 16 I'll check out all these vids tonight. Looking forward to it. 9

By the way, you guys don't have to do the CD title track. Was just a suggestion. If there's an easier song to do on the album, choose that. Besides, the singer(I assume Russ?) should probably choose the track based on what he feels comfortable singing.

Jimmy definitely needs to get in on this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'll play the fretless 16

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Boys, I'm liking the vids so far.  Keep em coming.  Certainly tough competition, and I'd love to get the opportunity to make music together.

Board footer