You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: HQ Audio Boot from SG Show

Saikin wrote:

Listen to a high quality bootleg recording of Soundgarden'™s show last night at The Showbox in Seattle.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NSYSNYOZ

Beyond the Wheel

[youtube]ceLsm8qsHMw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just now noticed this. Downloading now.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I downloaded this a couple days ago, but haven't had a chance to listen yet.  I was going to wait until I'd given it a listen to post, but it doesn't look like I'll have a chance for a couple more days.

No matter what I end up thinking, thanks for the link Saikin.  Great or horrible, a reunion is always interesting.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I've been listening to this boot quite a bit, and I was there... 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

so whats the verdict on cornells voice?

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

You didn't read any of my reviews?

Cornell hasn't 'lost' anything if that's what you're asking.

James

James wrote:

Finally listening to this. Big Dumb Sex needs to be dropped from the set immediately. Doesn't sound good at all. Not only that, but it becomes a bit inauthentic coming from guys in their late 40s. Is that Ben doing backing vocals? Ouch!!

These guys obviously deserve a free pass as they haven't played together in a coon's age, and Cornell was smart to call this show a rehearsal, because clearly that's what it is.

Band sounds fucking great, but they are even having 'off' moments. Sometimes Cornell seems to be playing "catch up" with them and vice versa.

Go listen to how the band sounded with Tad on Nothing To Say last year, and then listen to this. Gonna take awhile for these guys to get their mojo in proper order.

Cornell approaching the songs different for obvious reasons(mainly age), and I have no problem with that. Its to be expected and no one should expect him to sound like its 1991.

They just need to iron out a few kinks. Gonna give the band a C+ based on this bootleg. Ben needs to work on his backing vocals before Lolla thats for damn sure.

edit: Beyond the Wheel stomps ass.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Re-read the question I asked for a verdict one way or another, your defensiveness is un-called for. No ones beating up your Daddy here

James

James wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Re-read the question I asked for a verdict one way or another, your defensiveness is un-called for. No ones beating up your Daddy here

you two need to relax. I've noticed you guys butting heads in different threads spanning all the sections.

Not sure what originated it, but since you both have similar tastes and we're a few of the hardcore Soundgarden fans here, in the words of Rodney King...

Cant we all just get along?

Board footer