You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Mabye Axl was struggling vocally, Tommy and Ron at least were officially fucked with the flu, mabye Axl had it as well and he had a bad throat. Thats what happens to me when I have a cold/flu, my throat cops it bad.
My intitial impressions were Axl was protecting his voice for the benefit of the year long tour, thats why TIL got moved to earlier on in the set, it saved him straining an already tired throat later on in the set.
But he could well just have been not up to performing the other new songs as they are vocally much more acrobatic than the old songs. I dont think it was out of laziness whatever the real explanation, if he was physically able to do 4 hour sets every night I believe he'd do it in a heartbeat.

Because he did it 2 or 3 times?  No, I don't buy that.  I don't doubt he can't sing a lot of those songs live because of the complexity of the studio versions, but he chose to make them that complex, they didn't have to be.  He couldn't pull have half of the stuff from the UYI tour live either, but it didn't stop him from trying.

Mabye he wanted to do them justice and didnt feel he could? Mabye he hates the songs and only wants to play the classics roll
Whatever the reason, its mere speculation. I dont know why your pretending to give a fuck about setlists at shows you didnt attend, your incessant whining and hostility towards Axl precedes you and yer intentions are without doubt wholly transparent.

Hey Buzz, when I fly down to Reading and GNR phone it in, denying me a good selection of CD songs, mabye I'll join you in your campaign of deep disapointment, till then it dont really matter...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

The only thing that crawls in my ass is the lack of playing TWAT. He has to know that is the new gnr fanbase's favorite track. It isn't that hard vocally either so I don't buy that excuse.

Its one of my least favourite songs and I dont really miss it much, but Axl obviously struggles with it, in the verses theres no space to catch a breath.

PS Frank cant do the drums right in the outro, he does the same simple fills over and over, whereas the album version drums are much more complex with extended, drawn out fills.

And IRS doesnt sound the same without Robin, I never realised how difficult his unconventional "feel" sound was to immitate, but DJ cant do Robins IRS parts justice sad (yet, I suppose)

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I`d give my left testicle to see em perform TWAT, with axl on form AND Bucket

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're still completely missing the point.  My argument is that you can't tell me that my personal experience doesn't trump what you want me to believe just because you said so.  That fact alone proves my point.  You have proven nothing.  Anything else is irrelevant.  Unless you can prove that my experiences didn't happen, there is no chance in hell that you can win this.  You will never convince me no matter what you say that the things that I saw with my own eyes didn't happen and what you wish to be the case because it supports your case is how it always happens despite the FACT that I have seen a lot more examples that prove you wrong.

I've seen it.  I've lived it.  You're just some Axl obsessed guy on the internet that refuses to acknowledge that the almighty Axl might not be all that almighty afterall.  Don't tell me what I should believe...

Well, what's your experience then? Wasn't it the over 100+ concert you've attended?

And if so, how does that prove anything? What happened at these 100+ gigs that contradict that playing 5-7 new songs on tour is above avarage?

You keep backpaddling because you know your arguments is likely to hold no water what so ever....

You're an idiot.  I haven't backpedaled an inch.  I am done wasting my time on you.  I hope English isn't your first language, because I can't explain myself any clearer than this.

Oh what classy and mature exit to an argument...  5

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

We're just going to have to agree to disagree buzz.  I think playing 5-7 new songs on a nightly basis from a new album is quite sufficient.  You think they should play at least 9 new songs.  But I'd also like to say, and this isn't specifically directed to you, that even if they WERE playing 9 new songs per night, people would find something else to bitch about.  It's inevitable.  Some people are quick to point out anything that can remotely be considered negative and vice versa.  It's the way of the world.  You probably know what side I'm on.

I don't think they should play 9, I said they had 9 slots open to feature CD if they wanted to.  My only problem with the lack of CD stuff is that they are basically playing the same 4 songs every show and occasionally mixing in the same 1 or 2 in addition to those 4.  My overall problem is that they are basically playing the same show every night, which is much different than how they started the tour.  The way they started the tour even had me excited about it...

I'll agree with that, since I posted that very "concern" a week or so ago.

And maybe that's why I haven't been following the shows quite as closely in South America.  The setists have become relatively static, whereas before it was more exciting and unpredictable.

I will say though, I'd have no complaints if I was there seeing the show in person.  The way I look at it, 2002 (Hartford) was the first time I got to see GNR and they played the staples, Think About You, Rocket Queen AND CD, SOD, and Maddy.  In 2006 (MSG) I saw them again and they played the same staples PLUS Better, IRS, My Michelle, Used To Love Her.  So if I get to see them again and get 3-4 songs I've never seen them play I'd be quite satisfied.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're an idiot.

You're capable of bitching without insulting people.

Saikin/stephen, resolve the dispute in PMs or put each other on your ignore list. Tired of seeing that stuff in every thread I want to read. You're both Cornell nutswingers. Time to kiss and make up.

As far as artists/bands playing a set revolving around new songs, most do NOT do it. Especially bands like GNR dominated by nostalgia. Yeah, bands like the Black Crowes, Pearl Jam,etc. may do a tour revolving around a new album, and Audioslave also pushed their new material, and M.I.A. played about 90% new material in 2007.

Those are exceptions to the rule though. While us hardcore fans may want Axl to whip out Riad, there aren't enough people in the crowd begging to hear that.

Both sides of this argument have valid concerns. The tour started off like the band was hungry, had something to prove, and was actually pushing Chinese Democracy. Now its back to the nostalgia kick with a few CD songs thrown in there for forum junkies.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:
madagas wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

agree...don't need Better, CD, SOD, and Maddy everynight. 6 new songs is fine with me if they mix them up.

Even Better and CD every night is fine since they were singles - mix it up from there...

The only thing that crawls in my ass is the lack of playing TWAT. He has to know that is the new gnr fanbase's favorite track. It isn't that hard vocally either so I don't buy that excuse.

i don't want to get bashed for saying this but i am a singer and have been for a long time and twat is a very hard song to sing. i rank it right up there with locomotive if you will. while there are more vocals in locomotive or whatever, the 1st verse to 1st chorus to 2nd verse to second chorus is very challenging and demands perfect breathing to nail it appropriately. i really believe that it is hard for him to sing it the way he thinks he should and it's a shame cuz it is a good song. come to think of it he hasn't sang the verses of that song as good as the hammerstein shows. sure a couple times after he was able to scream the fuck out of the middle part but the smooth verses  sounded  better the first time he sang the damn song.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You're an idiot.

You're capable of bitching without insulting people.

Saikin/stephen, resolve the dispute in PMs or put each other on your ignore list. Tired of seeing that stuff in every thread I want to read. You're both Cornell nutswingers. Time to kiss and make up.

As far as artists/bands playing a set revolving around new songs, most do NOT do it. Especially bands like GNR dominated by nostalgia. Yeah, bands like the Black Crowes, Pearl Jam,etc. may do a tour revolving around a new album, and Audioslave also pushed their new material, and M.I.A. played about 90% new material in 2007.

Those are exceptions to the rule though. While us hardcore fans may want Axl to whip out Riad, there aren't enough people in the crowd begging to hear that.

Both sides of this argument have valid concerns. The tour started off like the band was hungry, had something to prove, and was actually pushing Chinese Democracy. Now its back to the nostalgia kick with a few CD songs thrown in there for forum junkies.

i'm hoping the cd songs aren't being blasted out cuz of the dates in south america. i understand that they probably like him better over there than here but he hasn't played alot of these places in a long time and maybe he wants to do a little more rehash. like i said, i hope. i'm also hoping that if they come to the states again and i don't see a show like 2002 0r 2006 again. i would be scratching my head til i reach whats left of my brain. i know i've said it before but god damn i love this site. my own private magazine with all you guys as contributing writers. i feel like i know you fuckers. 9

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Well, what's your experience then? Wasn't it the over 100+ concert you've attended?

And if so, how does that prove anything? What happened at these 100+ gigs that contradict that playing 5-7 new songs on tour is above avarage?

You keep backpaddling because you know your arguments is likely to hold no water what so ever....

You're an idiot.  I haven't backpedaled an inch.  I am done wasting my time on you.  I hope English isn't your first language, because I can't explain myself any clearer than this.

Oh what classy and mature exit to an argument...  5

Sometimes I just have to call it like I see it.  It's not an argument when you don't even know what is going on around you.  Trust me, I saved you a lot of embarrassment.  Move on...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Mabye Axl was struggling vocally, Tommy and Ron at least were officially fucked with the flu, mabye Axl had it as well and he had a bad throat. Thats what happens to me when I have a cold/flu, my throat cops it bad.
My intitial impressions were Axl was protecting his voice for the benefit of the year long tour, thats why TIL got moved to earlier on in the set, it saved him straining an already tired throat later on in the set.
But he could well just have been not up to performing the other new songs as they are vocally much more acrobatic than the old songs. I dont think it was out of laziness whatever the real explanation, if he was physically able to do 4 hour sets every night I believe he'd do it in a heartbeat.

Because he did it 2 or 3 times?  No, I don't buy that.  I don't doubt he can't sing a lot of those songs live because of the complexity of the studio versions, but he chose to make them that complex, they didn't have to be.  He couldn't pull have half of the stuff from the UYI tour live either, but it didn't stop him from trying.

Mabye he wanted to do them justice and didnt feel he could? Mabye he hates the songs and only wants to play the classics roll
Whatever the reason, its mere speculation. I dont know why your pretending to give a fuck about setlists at shows you didnt attend, your incessant whining and hostility towards Axl precedes you and yer intentions are without doubt wholly transparent.

Hey Buzz, when I fly down to Reading and GNR phone it in, denying me a good selection of CD songs, mabye I'll join you in your campaign of deep disapointment, till then it dont really matter...

Dude, my intentions are telling it like it is, so you are correct.  I have done that since day 1.  I am quite proud of that, so thank you. 

You started the speculation, I just continued with it.  Despite my efforts, I have not been able to see any of the new lineups play live.  I did have tickets in my hands once though...

I have an interest because I was getting into what this band - really this lineup - was doing at the beginning of this tour.  I have interest because I would like to see Axl perform before he dies (or I die) and doing things that hurt the perception of the band lowers the chances of that happening.  So while you may not understand why I care, that doesn't mean I don't have the right to care.

Board footer