You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Trouble in Bucketheadland?

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Bucket was probably already pissed by that time. He was supposed to be the lead guy, then Robin came back and they're back to sharing lead duties. I don't listen to many of those boots, don't have many at all. I'm bored listening to them play old songs in that era. They must have been too.

BTW, I wonder how you could tell if Bucket was "interested" in these songs. He's not a run-around-the-stage player in a band setting. He's not flashy. He sticks to his pedals, his place on the stage.

I still have a lot of those boots in a box in my closet somewhere. Haven't listened in ages. On one of those boots, he made some noise on CD right before Axl started singing that sounded really cool. Don't remember which one it was at the moment. It only lasted a few seconds. One of these days I may listen to them again, but I got burnt out on those boots years ago. Last CD era shit I whipped out was the video of the Rio 2001 show. Watched Madagascar, BH and Finck solo, Oh My God, CD, and then turned it off.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Bucket was probably already pissed by that time. He was supposed to be the lead guy, then Robin came back and they're back to sharing lead duties. I don't listen to many of those boots, don't have many at all. I'm bored listening to them play old songs in that era. They must have been too.

BTW, I wonder how you could tell if Bucket was "interested" in these songs. He's not a run-around-the-stage player in a band setting. He's not flashy. He sticks to his pedals, his place on the stage.

Buckethead, not flashy?

You don't call wearing a yellow rain slicker, an opera mask, a wig and a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket on your head and doing nunchuck solos, flashy?

Even Michael Jackson saw that and went "God damn" 14

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Haha, I guess you could say that. I was just referring to his in-song playing. He might break out a robot move, but he's not gonna be doing windmills, head-banging, running around, pointing at the crowd, shit you'd see Eddie Van Halen or Slash do.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

he's not gonna be doing windmills, head-banging, running around, pointing at the crowd, shit you'd see Eddie Van Halen or Slash do.

he doesn't need to

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

besides his mask and bucket would fall off

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Watched that Simpsons episode the other day, the one with MJ in prison as a bald fat guy... heh, I just thought of BH being like that when he takes it all off.  Chamone..

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:

besides his mask and bucket would fall off

He does get a little nuts at his solo shows. He's got straps that hold them on. He's lost his bucket before too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Just watched a couple tracks from Boston 02. Goddamnit. Robin owns on that disc.

The Blues on that one is especially good.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer