You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Scott Says GNR Were Supposed to tour in 2008

faldor wrote:

Yeah that's the only thing that would lead me to believe this was at all under consideration.  It's possible that Axl got fed up somewhere along the line by not being able to keep the "new" band together over the years with Bucket and Robin leaving.  I mean that was his vision for new Guns and by 2008 it was gone.  Maybe for a moment he didn't feel like starting all over again and finding a 2nd replacement guitarist so he pondered a reunion.  Then he either came to his senses or hope was restored (DJ).

Retribution
 Rep: 2 

Retribution wrote:

A reunion of sorts almost happened around 2005/06 however when "the pens were ready to sign", it was discovered that Axl had conveniently slipped an extra clause into the contract that would have meant the other guys signed over the remaining of their publishing rights to Axl.

End of negotations....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

interesting accusation...

so beginning of 06...axl is talking fondly of slash...and by 08 slash is a cancer

was always a weird development i thought...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well if Slash pushed too hard, and I firmly believe that he showed up at Axl's house whether drunk or not, because Slash denied it, then said it happened, then said he just drove by, or whatever... he was obviously lying.

Everyone knows Axl's REAL sensitive to the Slash thing, which is the understatement of the century, and short of Slash following every order at this point from Axl, anything more and Axl would squash it.

I think 2006 was the year tho. Why was Izzy touring with GN'R doing major cities? Plus they were pal'ing around again at the time. Izzy & Axl were dining out alot in NYC, Izzy was doing shows with GN'R, and Axl hung out at least once on seperate occasions with both Matt & Steven, and Gilby hung out with him briefly and told him basically "anytime, anywhere".

Izzy's always been the middle man, and like you said, 2006 was the year of "I love the guy", and by the time of the chats, Axl remained open to performing with almost ANY former member of Guns, and even gave sincere wishful thoughts towards Steven... but he squashed that Slash thing out of the damn gate.

If Slash pissed him off again with something recent, Slash in Guns won't happen ANYTIME soon. Now Axl, Izzy, Duff, Gilby, Matt... those are always possibilites.

I wonder if it was the Guitar Hero thing? Slash certaintly made a killing on that, and in Axl's eyes he was using his GN'R-likeness to make money. In other words, Slash was on the cover, featured heavily throughout the game, and Jungle, a Guns song, was the big featured song in the game. It made him look like he was back in the band, yet Slash made all the money... I assume. He was even doing commercials, soloing, yet the commercials all featured Slither if I remember correctly.

Don't know if that had anything to do with anything, just throwing it out there, because Axl seemed pissed at the GH people in the chats.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Also, don't forget that Slash N' Duff dropped their lawsuit against Axl in early 2006.

BTW I think Axl didn't really want that reunion, he only wanted to get all the rights of the others and all the money, of course.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can pretty much bet the only thing that "happened" was that someone offered some money for a reunion and when it got to Axl he ran over his computer with his Lamborghini.

+1

Once there is rumor out that there is an offer on the table, that's basicly all the media needs to write about it. And it just snowballs from there...

johndivney wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I wonder if it was the Guitar Hero thing? Slash certaintly made a killing on that, and in Axl's eyes he was using his GN'R-likeness to make money. In other words, Slash was on the cover, featured heavily throughout the game, and Jungle, a Guns song, was the big featured song in the game. It made him look like he was back in the band, yet Slash made all the money... I assume. He was even doing commercials, soloing, yet the commercials all featured Slither if I remember correctly.

that is a point. possible it's at least partially the reason it went so tits up.. axl made a point of talking about that in the chats didn't he??
imo there definitely seems to be a will on the non-axl side for a reunion & i'd be shocked if there haven't been occassions when axl has considered it & there is a lot of evidence to suggest something may have been in the works for '08 at some stage.. i agree with those something definitely happened towards making a reunion.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

One sticking point would presumably have been Axl's new material; Axl was gearing up to release Chinese Democracy, and would Slash want to play on the likes of Better or TWAT? Especially if he was promoting a record that he had no part in making...

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Mick Wall interview with Izzy, 2001

A hypothetical question then: Axl's solo album flops, and he offers you all the chance to get back together - just like Aerosmith and Sabbath - would you do it?

I mean, assuming Axl would be ... "broke?" he cuts in, laughing. "I could hear the call." Goes into gruff Axl impersonation: "'You know, I've been, ah, thinking'. He talks really slow when he gets an idea like that. 'Aahhh, I've been thinking ...' And I'd be thinking, 'He must be broke'," he chuckles. "That's how I imagine the call would go."

http://www.chopaway.com/articles/classicrock2001.php

Sky Dog wrote:

there have been hundreds of offers...I am sure. Thus, there are tons of issues that would ultimately come up between ALL members.

Board footer