You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: M.I.A. Releases XXXO on Itunes

James wrote:

mia.jpg

Song is catchy as hell. Already getting comparisons to Britney and GaGa. Definitely has a chance to get huge, but with the way she's gonna unload single after single, I don't think she's gonna give any of the songs enough time to make a mark.

Every song on this album so far has sounded completely different. Wasn't expecting a track like this, so the sky is the limit with the rest of the album.

April 23rd: Born Free released

May 11th: XXXO single

June 1st: Steppin Up single

June 15th: Tequila single

July 13th: album release

That's insane.....

Its a great time for M.I.A. fans. She isn't fucking around.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James

James wrote:

http://www.miauk.com/

Russ, you should bookmark her site. When she releases music/videos, they eventually appear on her site.

The radio version is different than the supposed album version. When I'm not on this snail connection, I'll send you both for comparisons, or you may just hear it anyways. The DJ on the stream I heard last night said it was "the hottest record in the world", so Uni may be giving this a huge push.

That single Steppin Up isn't even on the album's track list. My guess is its a hidden track.

lafayettecopssuck
 Rep: 2 

took a few listens but I'm really digging this track

James

James wrote:

I actually had to force myself to stop listening to it as I don't want to get burnt out on these songs before release. She's not making that task easy though. She's gonna release singles every couple weeks until release, and I'm gonna need massive amounts of willpower to only give myself sneak peaks of the songs instead of having them on repeat. Its a short album and fans will have heard half of it before a leak/release.

James Lofton wrote:

The radio version is different than the supposed album version.

Would like to correct myself here as I was stoned when I posted that the other day and got confused while listening to both versions. The radio version is the album version of the track and the one streaming on her site was a demo.

lafayettecopssuck
 Rep: 2 

I'm too drunk to tell the difference between the two, all i know is i'm going to listen to it again and again and again

James

James wrote:
bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Very catchy. I can see why this is the first official single and not Born Free.

James

James wrote:

I'm starting to really dig that original version. The album is now available for pre-order and it is 2 discs. Best case scenario is that mix tape she mentioned two years ago is going to be included with the album, or maybe alternate versions of tracks(like the one above) will be on that disc.

I literally cannot wait for this album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not bad. Definitely catchy, although I haven't been wowed. Kind of sounds like every other pop-rock single out there.

Board footer