You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: GNR's most ridiculous and WTF moments

-D- wrote:
DCK wrote:

Duff and Axl ain't the same person D.

Genes and all of that you know.

come on now... genes for being out of shape is the biggest excuse people make for being out of shape..

Axl was in fantastic shape from 2006-2008  metabolism slows but it doesnt stop.

So Axl had no metabolism in 2001-2002 but somehow went to a magic witch doctor and sped it up for 2006-2008 and then the magic potion powers wore off for 2010.  LOL!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl probably eased up on the cocaine use

Axl was wired like a mother fucker in those days, especially that 1989-91 period. He probably lost weight and toned just on his enormous activity. Plus, in those days he had the dental work done, and started wearing make up to look good (not glam styled), and had dental work done. He obviously was making a conscious effort to look GQ.

Axl doesn't look like he's wearing a thong. It looks like he took his white bicycle short he wore in those days, and hiked them up his crack.

It does indeed get tougher and tougher as you get older to lose weight, and maintain weight. Duff works his ass off to look as good as he does today. Axl probably did the same 20 years ago. Now, he's just happy with who he is, and doesn't really care to bust his ass 10x harder to look like he did in 1991.

-D-

-D- wrote:

yeah but on the 2006 tour he looked fantastic! I think he got depressed over the album not doing so well, and stopped dieting.

Watch the Biggest Loser sometime.. 60 years olds drop 200 lbs.

its just a lazy persons excuse for being fat.

Im 31 now and ive gained some weight but trust me it isn't genetics, its the fast food, junk food and decreased running! LOL!

anyhow back to the fun Stuff! didn't mean to turn this into Richard Simmons thread.

My next ridiculous moment is in Slash's book when he was talking about the St louis riot.  he says one thing when on video u clearly see something else entirely! LOL!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

come on now... genes for being out of shape is the biggest excuse people make for being out of shape..

Axl was in fantastic shape from 2006-2008  metabolism slows but it doesnt stop.

So Axl had no metabolism in 2001-2002 but somehow went to a magic witch doctor and sped it up for 2006-2008 and then the magic potion powers wore off for 2010.  LOL!

I was skinny as hell when I was 20. Then I started to put on weight after I turned 25. Im 29 now, and not fat, but definetely not super skinny anymore. Do I work out less? No. About the same. When I was 20, I drank shit loads of coke and sometimes ate candy for bloody breakfast. I don't do any of that anymore, but yet I've put on 15 kgs or so.

Going from 2002 to 2006 he did go up. Then he jumped up a bit from 06 to 2010.

Anyway, debating this is gay. He's almost 50. As long as he can fit in some jeans and sing good I really don't care.

-D-

-D- wrote:

ok i agree its dumb.. /that discussion

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

haha or the fact Steph was able to take a gun away from him... not very manly when a bony skinny model can Steven Seagal ur ass lol

gayest moment in GNR history

now that is some funny shit..

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

-D-

-D- wrote:

Axl is hilarious

first he snaps at her "IN CLOSING"

hhahahaha

That shit is pretty bizarre but pretty damn touching also!

Be here next Summer with new songs... uhhhhhhhhhhhh Axl lives in dog years.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

axl_rose.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

1. Axl's voice circa 2000. He'd always had a high range which I liked, but the rasp was totally gone and he seemed to be taking a different approach entirely to half the vocals. There was no bigger WTF moment ever for me. I honestly thought he'd injured his voice and was forced to sing like that, but given in recent times he's reverted to his old style, now it just makes me wonder what was going on.

2. Finks interpretation of Slash's parts. I really love what fink does on CD, so i'm sorry for bashing him. Especially for russtcb who I know prefers him. But it was shocking - good or bad - you'd expect a new guitarist to add some personal interpretation to the melodies - but there was such wild variance from the established lead lines that I found it really surprising. Like you'd have expected more someone like bumble that can shred like hell and do his own thing, but often plays the established melodies straight off the records cos thats what the audience is anticipating.

3. The time the band posted that review on the offical website that bashed the UYI catalogue. Why knock 2 of your 5 albums, especially when they are two famous and well loved albums that contain some of your most famous cross over radio songs (YCBM, NR, KOHD etc). There is no way that the UYI albums are bad records, and it's beyond belief that the offical site of a band that toured them for 2+ years would decide they are.

4. The way brain played YCBM....the guy is one of the best drummers in the world...but the 2002 band playing that song and and I was always like "huh? what is this? Oh...."

Board footer