You are not logged in. Please register or login.

evader
 Rep: 27 

Re: GNR B-Headed

evader wrote:

00COVER2b.jpg?rnd=0.30481705877125875

01 Crash Nottingham.mp3 (Nottingham Lace)
02 Bring It.mp3 (Night of the Slunk)
03 Shackled.mp3 (Shackler)
04 Catcher.mp3 (Brian May)
05 Dust.mp3 (Mrs. Beasley, Sail on Soothsayer, Thin Crust)
06 Believe in Yourself.mp3 (Drum Intro/Superman)
07 Going Down.mp3 (Jordan, +SR Drums)
08 The Blues.mp3 (Live Performances)
09 Another Sunday.mp3 (Machete, +Prostitute Drums)
10 It's Alright.MP3 (Padmasana, +Sebal)
11 Oh My God.mp3 (Jordan)
12 Too Much.mp3 (Brewer in the Air)
13 Within Her Eyes.mp3 (Mrs. Beasley, Machete)
14 Silkworms.mp3 (Live Performances)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Those are pretty good mashups. A+ 9

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Forgot about this while downloading other stuff last night. I'll grab this tonight. Will be interesting to see what you did with Padmasana on It's Alright. Padmasana is the definition of perfection. It's Alright is not. 16

evader

evader wrote:

Thanks Axlin08.  I listen to them all the time, and just figured maybe someone else would gain some mild enjoyment (or amusement) from them.  Since I posted JAS on here back in January and got so much support (where is my man tylerdurden?), I just kept working.  Hopefully I'm not wasting space by sharing it.

James, don't expect any miracles from It's Alright.  I just plucked out what I could use from Padmasana, layered it, and filtered out some stuff that didn't work.  I think it is a nice, smooth ride - I really like my bass adds and drums on that song too.  Anyway, enjoy it if you can.  The piano part of the intro I used is something SebaL001 posted on YouTube.  That dude is fantastic and his channel is full of great GNR piano covers. 5

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

What is the concept here?
Thanks.

evader

evader wrote:

Good question!

When I started, there was actually a concept, which was to take old, unreleased demos and live performances and try to make them sound more like GNR studio releases while using old and new gunner instrumentation.  After I posted my first crack at it, requests from everyone were more directed toward mashups with Bucket stuff, so my concept changed a bit toward straight mixes of Bucket songs with Axl vocals.  The Chinese stuff was also the result of requests on this board and one other.  So, the starting concept and the end result differ.  I called it B-Headed because I personally wanted to name my project, and most of the additions were from Buckethead material (also Brain and Brian May).  A bunch of B's.... B-Headed, Beheaded, Bucketheaded.... you get it.

Anyway, I freely admit that I'm a hack and should have probably left it to professionals or left the original pieces alone.  But I didn't, because I truly enjoy doing this smile.  If anyone wants stripped out vocal tracks so they can do their own mixes, just shoot me a PM.  I'd love to hear BIBH, Crash Diet, JAS, TMTS etc mixed up by someone that knows what the hell they are doing!

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Thanks dude, the songs are now in my ipod.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just got done listening to all of this. Nice stuff again. The Crash Diet/Nottingham Lace mashup is probably the best. I also really loved what you did with Dust In The Wind, It's Alright and Oh My God.

I still think Oh My God is a criminally underrated track. I think I like Shackler's Revenge a bit more, but OMG is one of the better rockers of the new era imo.

Board footer