You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: "Elvis On Tour" coming to select theatres

NY Giants82 wrote:

Thanks for posting that. Gives me chills everytime I hear that. Funny, cause that is a song that I would never pay any attention to, if not for Elvis. When Elvis sings it, it becomes cool. Forty years later he still defines "cool".

"You've Lost that Loving Feeling" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water" have always seemed like cousins to me, at least from Elvis' versions. Those are two VERY powerful songs, and fit the King's voice perfectly.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I also felt E's "My Way" was the best the song ever sounded.

The version from the CBS Special in '77 is far and away the best.  It's a man singing a song that he knew was his farewell.

And yeah, the man oozed cool. I saw a hip hop special recently where Jay-Z was talking about how Elvis even invented the hip hop culture. Everyone in that community wants to call Elvis names and say he ripped off black music, etc. And yet all they do is emulate his extravagant lifestyle. Show me an episode of MTV Cribs and I'll show you the Graceland Tour video.

Absolutely. Elvis created that whole bigger than life, over indulgent, flashy rock star thing.

I think even Jagger & Elton admitted that.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think this might be the wave of the future for those bands that can't do it anymore...there's still money to be made showing people when they were at their best.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Board footer