You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: I have to be honest with you...

James wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Is this Lebron-thing really the priority of almost every media outlet and every person in the US? So much that it takes over threads on forums dedicated to a rock n roll band?
hmm

People here are probably just glad to see something other than a U2, Cornell, or M.I.A. thread jack....

I don't watch basketball and have paid no attention to this thing so cant really comment.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the immediate change in direction in this thread says it all (thanks madagas... i'm kidding)

Seriously, Cramer made great points, but where this thread went is where it's all at. I think the true fans, the one that cared have hit such a point of indifference, it truely signifies the death of the oldest fans.

There is no silver lining here. Getting the old band back together would reverse alot of mistakes, but it will STILL be like an old TV show writing itself into the corner late in the run, then bringing back a bunch of old cast members for the series finale.

I'd like to see that series finale for Guns N' Roses, to write it off right.

Everyone has just moved on, and it's sad. I just hope the love and respect for the real band continues into the future and lives on. Maybe with GNR's short discog, they can still maintain a respect among new generations like a CCR or Sex Pistols did.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Reunite this fucking shit, I want it so band..  I would give up pussy for an extended period for a reuniting show.  Slash and Axl is as bing as Jagger/Richards, Plant/Page, Daughtry/Townsend, Scott/Young...  I want the final chapter written, in all its glory.. They cannot release a bad song, it is not possible, unlease they write shit like my world or shotgun blues.  I am drunki.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Reunite this fucking shit, I want it so band..  I would give up pussy for an extended period for a reuniting show.

Holy shit. That's dedication! 14:)

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Reunite this fucking shit, I want it so band..  I would give up pussy for an extended period for a reuniting show.  Slash and Axl is as bing as Jagger/Richards, Plant/Page, Daughtry/Townsend, Scott/Young...  I want the final chapter written, in all its glory.. They cannot release a bad song, it is not possible, unlease they write shit like my world or shotgun blues.  I am drunki.

you gotta be drunk...:beer:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think the immediate change in direction in this thread says it all (thanks madagas... i'm kidding)

Seriously, Cramer made great points, but where this thread went is where it's all at. I think the true fans, the one that cared have hit such a point of indifference, it truely signifies the death of the oldest fans.

There is no silver lining here. Getting the old band back together would reverse alot of mistakes, but it will STILL be like an old TV show writing itself into the corner late in the run, then bringing back a bunch of old cast members for the series finale.

Everyone has just moved on, and it's sad. I just hope the love and respect for the real band continues into the future and lives on. Maybe with GNR's short discog, they can still maintain a respect among new generations like a CCR or Sex Pistols did.

It's not indifference. Its just all been said/argued before. The vast majority of members on this board are vets and really don't care to argue the same points over and over again. Cramer is kind of just entering that third step of being a GNR fan in the forum community, while we're all on step 19. 16

And hoping that they get back together and end GNR... That's kind of lame, imo. neutral

Maybe because I'm still fascinated with what Axl's doin and where the next turn will take. But that's just me.

And being a vet I have to say... Your annual obituary write off of GNR gets funnier, in an unintentional way, every year. But it is like clockwork.

Sky Dog wrote:

Bobby and JR duking it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v4yyTpXEEs

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's not indifference. Its just all been said/argued before. The vast majority of members on this board are vets and really don't care to argue the same points over and over again. Cramer is kind of just entering that third step of being a GNR fan in the forum community, while we're all on step 19. 16

And hoping that they get back together and end GNR... That's kind of lame, imo. neutral

Maybe because I'm still fascinated with what Axl's doin and where the next turn will take. But that's just me.

And being a vet I have to say... Your annual obituary write off of GNR gets funnier, in an unintentional way, every year. But it is like clockwork.

And I find it fascinating how anyone could still have interest in what Axl's doing right now. Must be a real slow news day.

And my stuff on the band is pretty regular. I haven't strayed very far from what i've said time and again. I'm sure it's boring now, and that's why I try not to go on and on about it as I once did.

But I don't really see where it's funny. It isn't like i'm wrong, and hell, history itself has vindicated me on a few things since 2008.

madagas wrote:

Bobby and JR duking it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v4yyTpXEEs

What JR did with those Asian oil wells was an absolutely brilliant move. Buy 'em, make their value skyrocket, sell them all off to the cartel, while maintaining a percentage of the profits, then turn around and launch a counter revolution in the country that has the country nationalize the wells, which breaks every single cartel member in one swoop, and Ewing Oil comes out with a massive profit.

Sky Dog wrote:

classic stuff...just reminded me of you and ID going at it.

"nothing is gonna happen Bobby, believe me...nothing is gonna happen."

"real power is something you take"
Damn JR, we are going to have to start a Dallas section. Now, to tie in the Gnr saga....Axl is JR and Slash is Bobby!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdfPtW5 … re=related

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash did come back from the dead...

Board footer