You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Re: New Interview with Brian Mantia

Manets wrote:

Brain-DW-orig.jpg
I made an interview with the Guns N' Roses drummer Brian Mantia for my Guns N' Roses website GNR-Online BR. Check it out:

-You told me in 2009 that you would tour with Guns N' Roses on the upcoming tour, you would play the new songs, and Frank Ferrer would play the old songs. How was that decided and why didn't it happen?
Brian:
I guess they couldn't pull it!

-Are you out of the band? If so, did you get any official confirmation? Give us details about that.
Brian:
i'm out of the currant touring band.  i hope i can still be a part of the recordings!!!

-In February 28, 2009, when asked if you were still in the band, Axl said "Last I checked. Brain works on several things with Guns either from his home or in the studio." How does that work?
Brian:
i'm doing some top secret shit right now!!!!!!!!

-You brought a new style of drumming to Guns N' Roses. Before Josh Freese and you, the beats were very simple. You have kinda a alternative rock and funcky style. Did Axl ever asked play "like that" or "like this" or just played what you think would fit in the band?
Brian:
he want's you to do you...  and i love that!!!

-Did you rehearsaled with the band on 2009?
Brian:
no i didn't rehearse

-You wrote The General. Despite very few people having heard it, it has become a legend in the Guns N' Roses world. What do you think about that?
Brian:
it's an awesome jam...  i hope it's released soon!!!!!!

-How would you feel if you found out that it would never be launched?
Brian:
it will come out... the shits to good!!!!!

-There's a sample of 16 seconds that has been floating around for sometime, it's called Checkmate and some people claim it's The General. You confirmed that it's you playing, but is this bit really from The General?
Brian:
i don't wanna give it up smile.

-Apart from The General, what other songs that didn't go on Chinese Democracy you helped to write?
Brian:
a couple others,  but i don't know what the working titles are.

-Many songs are left from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Do you recorded in all of them?
Brian:
yes... most of them.

-Are there any plans on releasing this material? Would you know if there were plans?
Brian:
no i wouldn't... i leave that shit for the suits.  i'm just into makin' the MUSIC!!!!!

-Do you know if Frank Ferrer and Bumblefoot will re-record all of yours and Buckethead's parts?
Brian:
you never know.

-How was the recording process? Each of you recorded your part alone? Was it common, in recording or in rehearsals, to the whole band play together, all each of you recorded and rehearsaled alone?
Brian:
it was a combination of all those things...  pretty much just like every recording i'm involved in.

-Let's talk about Buckethead. You recently workd with him on The Dragons of Eden and Iconography. Do you currently have any other projects with him?
Brian:
we just recorded a five disk set called "Best Regards"

-Since Buckethead brought you to Guns N' Roses, how did you feel when he left?-
Brian:
Pretty bad... He's my friend so it was very hard... I felt like I was losing a friend more then a band mate.

-You said that Axl asked to re-record note for note of Josh Freese's work, on the early 00s. When did you first record the "genuine" Brain?
Brian:
Right after.... I did the josh thing then jumped right into brain!!!

-When did you last wrote or recorded something to Guns N' Roses?
Brian
: Been doing some cool re-mixes for guns!!! That shit is sick!!! It's gonna rip peoples faces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-What were your highlights with Guns N' Roses and which was the biggest frustration?
Brian:
the live shows were always a highlight for me!!!  i'm just bummed i'm not a part of that anymore.

-Thank you very much for the interview. Any message you would like to give to the fans?
Brian:
Love Ya Guys!!!!!!!!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Loosing Bucket in the band was pretty bad for all of us Brian.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

-There's a sample of 16 seconds that has been floating around for sometime, it's called Checkmate and some people claim it's The General. You confirmed that it's you playing, but is this bit really from The General?
Brian: i don't wanna give it up smile.

Im betting it is.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I know he's probably being sarcastic with the whole "omggggg gonna be sick" stuff, but really, isn't this why people got mad at Tommy Stinson and others? Constantly hyping the album?

Anyways, Brian seems awesome, I'm just kind of nitpicking because I know it will make some people disappointed in the future

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I know he's probably being sarcastic with the whole "omggggg gonna be sick" stuff, but really, isn't this why people got mad at Tommy Stinson and others? Constantly hyping the album?

Anyways, Brian seems awesome, I'm just kind of nitpicking because I know it will make some people disappointed in the future

Some people seem to get a pass on certain things.  Others don't.  At least that's the way it seems from my point of view.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He gets a pass because he doesn't call it the most mindblowing shit ever recorded and doesn't always say the best songs are what we haven't heard.

Axl could dump a box set of new tunes on the masses and Fortus would say a track buried in Axl's backyard is the best song ever.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Compared to what Rich does on the side... it sorta is.

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He gets a pass because he doesn't call it the most mindblowing shit ever recorded and doesn't always say the best songs are what we haven't heard.

Axl could dump a box set of new tunes on the masses and Fortus would say a track buried in Axl's backyard is the best song ever.

-How would you feel if you found out that it would never be launched?
Brian: it will come out... the shits too good!!!!!

You are right James, Brain isn't wetting peoples appetite with comments like this! wink Just fucking with you while I am on vacation.:beer:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To be fair to the members...what else could they say? This is what half you guys seem to want:

"They're average songs, nothing special"

"Don't get excited, I've played on better tracks"

"theres a couple that are a bit like the old band, but often it's just a jumble of sound"

Why would brain be anything other than positive about the band?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

To be fair to the members...what else could they say? This is what half you guys seem to want:

"They're average songs, nothing special"

"Don't get excited, I've played on better tracks"

"theres a couple that are a bit like the old band, but often it's just a jumble of sound"

Why would brain be anything other than positive about the band?

I have no problem with any member of Axl's band telling us that they have recorded unbelievable tracks or like Brain saif "Shit that is too good so it'll be released.  What I have a problem with is when some of them would say that the "launching pad's near" or shit like that.  Or the worst is dick who'll say stuff but after that he'll say he was misquoted or that he didn't say anything cause they're too scared of what Axl will say.  Or when Dick refused to say who came up with the idea for his guitar solo during the 06 tour.  Instead they should just shut the fuck up.  And they can also wait to tell us that they recorded awesome tracks till we are close to hear it and see that shit released.

Board footer