You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: what does Axl/GNR have to, to regain your interest 100%

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Your total inability to accept the opinion of anyone else used to be amusing to me, now it's just plain annoying.

See. I could care less how the tours ended up. And I could care less about the fact that an album hadn't been released yet. Once again, the shows I saw between 02 and 06 were awesome.

Your inability to see the humor in what I posted is rather annoying to be honest. I for one can't see how anyone could be satisfied with the whole 2002-2006 era. Nothing fucking happend. It was sucha  boring time period for Gn'R fans. If you're happy with a handful of shows great but that fucking sucks for most people who are willing and waiting to fully support a band that in the end did fuck all.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually I won't say reunion.

New & steady released albums, and regular activity are plenty enough for me.

If that's not possible, then yes - reunite and play the hits.

I will put a caveat on that. Not only a bunch of new material, but a bunch of GOOD material. Since that is not likely to happen, I say fuck it and give us a reunion before it's too late. Hell, it pretty much already is too late. The greatness of GN'R in the first place was defined by raw, youthful energy.

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

No doubt there.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFmXK5I0rc

Will forever be the high point of the new band regardless of who takes a trip through the revolving door.

I don't get it. I've never understood your's or other's love affair with this performance. You're obviously hearing and seeing something I'm not cause to be honest I find this to be far, far from the highlight of the new era Gn'R in terms of live performances.

It's the best solo of Madagascar and even the album version is inferior to it.

As for the entire show, the band is just firing on all cylinders. The show should have been CD heavy instead of an AFD jerk off session. Like madagas said, band deserved so much more.

Axlin08, yes every 2006-current version of the song blows. If you ever want to laugh, just listen to someone other than Bucket try to play the solo.

My all time favorite fuck up of the solo...

3:06-4:28

just awful....literally awful. Pitchy guitars, shitty vocals, Tommy bored to tears. WOW.

Sky Dog wrote:

now, old days...this was Gnr to me...talk about band chemistry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRstV6h5 … re=related

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

now, old days...this was Gnr to me...talk about band chemistry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRstV6h5 … re=related

I have never seen that clip, and that is the first time I have ever seen Slash use that guitar live, very cool.  And I loved his one vocal line, even when fucked up, still fun as hell to watch.  That band was awesome, and in that clip, they seemed so tight.. I think on stage they were tight, it was off stage shit sucked.

Old Chemistry Continued.... Tons of energy!!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

January 1986:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BaTyiKmjc

The reason I love it is even though it's not the tightest performance from a music standpoint, the passion and talent is off the charts. It's easy to see why they took over the rock world so quickly while hundreds of other Sunset Strip bands continued existing in obscurity.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

January 1986:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BaTyiKmjc

The reason I love it is even though it's not the tightest performance from a music standpoint, the passion and talent is off the charts. It's easy to see why they took over the rock world so quickly while hundreds of other Sunset Strip bands continued existing in obscurity.

Man, Axl had a great singing voice then, that was before he damaged it, so beautiful.  That guitar solo was awesome, amazing how he recorded it so similar so many years later..  The talent/chemistry in that band was something else.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Put out some videos, go on TV for some appearances (and don't run out of breath), show up on time to shows, play true surprise small gigs and blow people away.

Or just put out a new album (yea right.)

Or get it over with and have a reunion (yea right.)

None of these will happen though.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

No offense, but I remember you being adamant about not ever seeing GNR again, yet you buckled and bought tickets on their trek through Canada.  So who's to say you wouldn't do it again?  Maybe that's how you feel now, as you've felt in the past, but who knows what could happen that might change your mind.

Obviously, reunion, is the ultimate answer here.  Even if they somehow handled the release of CD perfectly and we got a massive marketing campaign and promotional blitz, some people still wouldn't be satisfied

I can say I wouldn't see them again without a shadow of a doubt.  Believe me or don't.  Guns N' Roses played 2 shows in January within an hour of me and I only went to one and not because of any reason other then I didn't care enough to see both shows.  I will not  see them again ever unless they reunite. I still don't own an actual copy of CD so I think I can and do, do what I say I'm gonna do. I never said "never" about seeing them again before. I am now.  NOTHING will change my mind other than a reunion. Trust me on this one. They could play my home town and I'm not going. Like I said I've seen it enough times now and I see no reason whatsoever to see them again.   I believe I even said this right after seeing them and claiming how good it was. I've run my own course with Axl's fake Gn'R. I'm over it and have no desire to see it again. That's all.

And it's not even about being satisfied with it anymore. I just dont' care about it. I don't want it, I have no interest in this mock version of Guns N' Roses. I mean honestly I was all for this in the begining but in 2006 I stopped caring. I'm only on here cause of the members and it's something to discuss. As you can tell I'm raely online anymore. I truely don't care about this version or any version other than a reunited Gn'R. It's just gotten so stale and lame.  All the drama and shit is so boring now cause it's just never ending. It's like that person who has a secret and brags about it for so long without telling you that eventaully you just have zero interest in it and then when they finally tell you you don't care. That's how I feel about this Guns N' Roses.

reunite and do something great or just quit cause it's such a  fucking farce now it's not even funny.

Wow just wow.

Can't say that I blame you. I flew all over the country to see the band before. Would I do that today? Nope. The excitement just isn't there anymore. I'd probably see a show here close to me, and MAY go a couple of hours away to see them, but that's it. No more trips to NYC, LV etc...forget it.

The entire secrecy thing is old and lame too. Why CAN'T you talk to us about the remixes? Why can't you come out and give more specifics? What's the big fucking deal here anyway? Shit like that wears thin after a while.

Yes there is more communication now than ever, but at the same time..who cares now? Too little too late. Remixing CD? Really? How long are we going to work this album anyway? We've been going on ten years now, let it go already.

metallex78 wrote:

I think that's the reason most people want a reunion, over a half-assed "new GN'R"
If they're not moving forward, might as well just get the original guys back.

That's my reason. He had his chance, and he made a mockery out of the brand name imo.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

THIS is Guns N' Roses

[youtube]sX_taPfaHvg&feature=related[/youtube]

YES 9

And this is everything that made them cool. Slash fucking up guitar parts, Axl coked the fuck out, fucking up lyrics in spandex football pants, and STILL he had the audience in the palm of his fuckin' hand

Board footer