You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: World Tour Cancelled?

Axlin16 wrote:

I used to feel that you could do Guns N' Roses with Axl and a new cast, but you can't.

You just can't.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Due to the past history of this band and the fact that they are no stranger to lies and misinformation I also call the tweet hacking as BS.  I mean think about it, if I hacked into Axl's twitter account I'm not gonna post something lame like that, I'm gonna post something about Slash or something controversial like:

"I'm relaxing here with a beer whilst Slash gives me a blow job".  Or some shit like that.

All I see now is the Axl minions going into damage control as the gravy train starts sliding off the rails (again).

This whole saga is like death by a thousand cuts.  Sure they could smooth this over, or if Ron left get someone else.  But every single time this shit happens Axl's and NuGNR's relevance and future grows just a little bit darker and the punchline that he and the name has become gets a little bit funnier.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

Idve gone with

"Sorry for the late start, sturgis, I was jerking off to pics of @perlahudson, but it took 2 hours to bust one to that cow"

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I do see some sort of sick perverted humour in all of this, in that if it is true, GN'R just fell apart, while I'm about to go see Slash kick all sorts of ass tonight at a sold out Sydney show here in Australia!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl would've been better off just laying vocals down on Beggers and Hangers On, Ghost, Back From Cali, etc, and letting Slash take the wheel.

A few of those Its Five O Clock Somewhere tracks would have been amazing with Axl's contributions, but I don't need Slash in the equation(although Axl's discog post Slash would indicate otherwise).

He had a supergroup assembled in 2000 and just let it go to waste. I think he is an amazing singer, is capable of writing some killer lyrics at points, and has/had a stage presence that any artist would sell their souls to the devil for. The talent seems to end at that point. He is clearly not a musician(yes I know he can play the piano) so is unable to really write songs by himself(don't bother hitting me over the head with This I Love or NR). He is dependent on the talent he surrounds himself with, and while having a pretty good eye for talent(a couple of exceptions 16 ), even then he seems to struggle at actually putting something together. What makes this even more baffling is he is in total control.

While he was asleep at the wheel 2002-2006, I would have loved to see that 01 or 02 lineup do an instrumental album or with Tommy(or anybody) on vocals. That 2001 lineup not being restrained by Axl could have done something very interesting. There are glimpses of brilliance on Chinese, and that lineup deserved a chance, Axl or no Axl.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:

Idve gone with

"Sorry for the late start, sturgis, I was jerking off to pics of @perlahudson, but it took 2 hours to bust one to that cow"

Bwhahahaha 14

I just spit my drink everywhere...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

While he was asleep at the wheel 2002-2006, I would have loved to see that 01 or 02 lineup do an instrumental album or with Tommy(or anybody) on vocals. That 2001 lineup not being restrained by Axl could have done something very interesting. There are glimpses of brilliance on Chinese, and that lineup deserved a chance, Axl or no Axl.

This is pretty much what I've been preaching for the last 7 years. Axl became the new era Gn'R's weak link LONG ago. I even said years ago I wished the new band would ditch Axl and make an album on their own.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Bootsy > Axl

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If this shit didn't happen all the time, maybe some would believe it, but it is the sum of all past events that is pushing people to the limits.

No, that's bullshit. The same people who have been saying the same bullshit are still saying the same bullshit they've been saying during every other "incident" that comes along. This twitter thing is just an excuse to say it again. And then of course there's D, who's perspective changes depending on whatever message board he's on at the moment.

But people acting like this is some kind of huge outrage is more than a little of an overreaction, and, tbh, is a bit ridiculous and childish.

Now, if you've had something brewing for a while, like Russ, and this somehow sets you off, that's one thing. But acting like this is a huge deal is just stupid. It's a hacked twitter account. It's happened to a shit load of celebrities. AND IT JUST HAPPENED.

Did he actually post it then turn around and change his mind? Maybe. But acting like he did, for a fact, do it is what's truly bullshit.

All I see are a bunch of people either overreacting or using this incident like they do with every other incident invloving GNR in the last ten years, to insert more of their assumptions and opinions about shit that doesn't really matter.

Yeah, you don't care about GNR anymore or Axl. What's new. That's why you can't stop fucking talking about them.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Cramer wrote:
johndivney wrote:

his twitter wasn't hacked. bumble's confirmed the cancellation & said nobody has left the band.
edit - maybe not..

I just talked to Ron and this is what he said:

Give it 48 hours, hopefully whatever it is will get resolved.  (No one quit the band or anything like that...)

Ron

Edit: Please don't bombard him with messages, this is the info.

In 48 hours time how many people will have went about cancelling travel plans and getting their ticket money refunded?

"Looking into this tweet" my arse, if it was a hoax surely someone somewhere with any clout or brains would explicitly shut down this story. For fuck sake, what a fucking amaturish organisation 17

Board footer