You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

I still cant get out of my head the game against Buffalo where he called two timeouts consecutively.

I dunno, that must be a new rule or something. I remember teams used to do that not too long ago to ice the kickers. I wouldn't have known it was a 15 yard penalty. I think they changed that rule in the off-season only a few years ago. I think it's still done in college.

Also, the NFL needs to do away with the "coach calling timeout right before the kick" play that Shanahan invented this year. It's boring watching 2 FG kicks in a row.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I'm not sure how long the rule that you cant call two timeouts consecutively has been in place, but I knew about it, and just about everyone I know, knew about it. If dumb ol me knew about it, Gibbs should know about it. But there are no denying what he has accomplished. You cant argue with three Super Bowl wins, ya know.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. Seahawks killing the Packers 14-0 early in the 1st quarter. I knew this game would be ugly.

If that RB fumbles one more time, they gotta pull him out of the game.

Back to the game....

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I love Farve as much as the next guy, but is it just me or are these announcers going out of their way to kiss his ass today?

James

James wrote:

Favre's ass will be kissed until he retires. He spent years not doing anything regarding the playoffs, so the media has been hyping him continuously this season.

Packers winning 28-17 at the half. Amazing job by GB by coming back from what could have been catastrophic mistakes to start the game. Seattle needed to go for the jugular when they went up 14-0, but it didn't happen. They allowed GB to get right back in it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so depending on the game tommorrow it'll be GB @ Dal or NYG @ GB

i think that they said earlier this year that Farve has never won in Dallas in his whole career...thats story book material right there....destiny or some shit....if Dallas wins the hype for that game will be sickening

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

If you guys think the Favre ass-kissing is bad, it's nothing compared to the Romo and Brady worship.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Favre has done plenty to earn his way into the record books.  If anyone gets their ass kissed to the point of exhaustion it's "pretty boy Brady".  Give me a break, Brady beat Peyton's record by one freaking touchdown and he has had his ass kissed to the point it is embarassing.  He's good, no doubt but I'm not ready to pretend he's acheived the level of greatness Favre has.  Sure he's got more Super Bowl rings but if I remember correctly a great deal of that success came from narrow escapes (both winning the Super Bowl and even making it in playoff games) thanks to a certain field goal kicker.  If you only measured a quarterback's legacy by the number of rings or playoff wins he had then a guy like Dan Marino would be nullafied and ANYONE who doubts Dan Marino's abilities needs to start watching figure skating and forget football.  My predicition is NE won't even make it to the Super Bowl this year thus
blowing the "perfect season"...I doubt (seriously) they will even survive tonight.
(this is not a blow to anyone's opinion just my chance to spout off against this bullshit I've heard from the media all year).

James

James wrote:

Bruce Smith ate Dan Marino for lunch.

Ekaterina Gordeeva  was a great pairs figure skater until her husband dropped dead. I still laugh at how Tara Lipinski took the gold from media darling Michelle Kwan in Nagano.

Game is tied 14-14. Gonna be an interesting second half. Jaguars are playing a good game, but they're playing a little too conservatively on defense. Need to start throwing different blitzes at Brady and keep him guessing. He's just a bit too comfortable out there.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Jameslofton wrote:

Bruce Smith ate Dan Marino for lunch.

Thank you. For a quaterback with the "quickest release in NFL history" he certainly ate a lot of dirt in those Bills games.

If the Pats lose it won't be much of an upset. They haven't played great since the Eagles almost beat them, but still I think their passing game will be too much for the D to contain and too effective for the Jags offense to match. 21-14 as I type this.

Board footer