You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slash eyed Rose for solo album

Axlin16 wrote:

Why would Axl be considered a Hall of Famer? For one big album, and a few more hit singles?

Even Mick or Steven or Freddie for that matter, would've died in the early 80's, they all still have careers that make Axl's look like an all-star, not not a Hall of Famer.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Why would Axl be considered a Hall of Famer? For one big album, and a few more hit singles?

There are many others in the Hall of Fame who don't have his credentials, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. You compared him to Prior, who you admitted only had a good season. One really strong album is a hell of a lot bigger than one good season in baseball. One good season in baseball is like a one song wonder in music. An album usually takes years to piece together and indeed the stuff on Appetite had been kicked around for quite awhile before being released.

tange
 Rep: 0 

tange wrote:

I disagree with the baseball analogy. I think that no one reason led to the delays. Probably in 98 he wasn't confident, but by 2002 I gotta think that record company politics became the main hold up. If the guy wanted to only make money he could tour almost nonstop and sell tickets. Hell in Europe and south america alone he could just do a six month tour every year and do nothing else.

Why is he even talking about new music. Why have Brain in the studio along with Paul Huge? Why lead anyone to believe that there are more songs worked up. Something he has done numerous times. We will get new music and we'll get it sooner than most think. I'd say no more than a year.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl is not a hall of famer. Slash is closer than he is, and he's not one either. Together as GnR they should make it, but neither make it without the other.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Axl is not a hall of famer. Slash is closer than he is, and he's not one either. Together as GnR they should make it, but neither make it without the other.

Yes that's what I'm referring to. Considering Axl has never released any solo material, I'm not sure why anyone would assume otherwise.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well, Axl's kind of put himself in a tough spot...i mean aside from the creative pressures of equaling his past works, not to mention having to replace one of the most iconic and celebrated guitatists of all time (Slash) and the general mystique of the old guys, and and...THEN...having to replace one of the most technically gifted peformers after that - bucket - to keep the new feel of his post UYI band. Then aside from all that he's essentially CEO of a massive company/brand (not musically romantic but true) and thus has to control all that stuff.

I think it's basicly the shear level of control he has on everything slows stuff down.

I do think we'll eventually see something else from him though. I mean he has the basis for a second album from his own comments.

I don't think it's on any kind of short term agenda...but in a way the 'failure' of CD (although I dont see it that way anyway as it's an awesome album musically and the best buy thing paid its debts) just frees a lot of the emotional baggage stopping releasing records.

The pressure to match AFD/UYI doesn't exist in the same way now, as he's already given CD to take the "what can Axl do without Slash" brunt.

Its up to Axl, but given the rep he gets now in the media, he has nothing to loose and everything to gain from more records.

Board footer