You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

Never heard of Mirrormask.

I just watched Hatchet. I have no idea why this got rave reviews at the horror communities because it sucks really bad. What sucks even more is that they set it up for a sequel.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Just watched the x-files movie.  I'm in the process of watching the entire series, just finshed season 5, watched the movie, now tomorrow i'll probably start season 6.

Sky Dog wrote:

I saw There Will Be Blood yesterday. Daniel Day Lewis should clearly get the Oscar for best actor. Unfortunately, Jonny Greenwood's (Radiohead's guitar player) score for the movie was disqualified for the Oscars because he used some music that was previously written for other projects. The music was absolutely killer. To be able to put modern sounds to a movie set in between 1898 to 1927 and make it effective is quite an accomplishment.:rock:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I watched Beerfest the other night which was just as terrible as I thought it would be.

Haha, some friends insist that movie is funny. I still refuse to watch it (knowing it will be bad). 

I saw Reno 911 Miami. I thought it was really good. I'm not big on the show but I thought the movie was really funny. Well worth watching to anyone thinking about seeing it.

I also saw Hostel, it could have been alot better. The concept of being at other peoples mercy in another (former USSR) country was good, but the execution of the story got weak. And it bit 2 scenes off Pulp Fiction.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I finally saw "The Simpsons" the other day. I was worried it would suck, but I enjoyed it. I thought it was very funny.

James

James wrote:

Pasnow, you should watch Hostel 2. Its much better and should have been the first Hostel.

James

James wrote:

Oh man. I just watched a film called Paranoid that has to be one of the worst films I have ever watched. It stars Jessica Alba before she was famous, and if you ever needed proof she cant act, watch this shit. The chick is only famous because of that face.

The film is just a mess from start to finish. She is a model and is dating several guys. One of them takes her to some house for a party and then leaves. She is then held captive by a group of people who like bringing women there, drugging them up, screwing them, and videotaping it. So what do they do? She gets drugged twice, they chain her up and they never rape her!! They just sit around talking about what to do with her now that she is held captive. Its just ridiculous on so many levels.

There's a few subplots that go nowhere. Not even worth commenting on really. Only reason this shit got released is because Alba got famous.

What is Mischa Barton doing in this steaming elephant turd? I didn't even know she was in this. Then she just appears out of nowhere as the deaf daughter of two of the freaks. This movie is 8 years old so maybe she needed some extra cash back then, but a chimp could have played that role and its a bit out of place in the context of this film.

Hard to believe that a young actress who starred in Lawn Dogs, Pups, a couple other films, and then the OC would lower herself to this drivel.

I give this movie 1/10. I'm being generous with that 1. It was a total waste of a spot on my netflix queue.

AtariLegend wrote:

I just finished watching "Lions For Lambs".

I thought the movie was alot better than the reviews, it got. However the ending is kinda confusing, what is Redford trying to get across, that politicians are wrong, that war is wrong, but you should sign up to the military not because it the right thing for anyone or you're country, but instead for the sake of it.

This would've been a classic to me, with a different ending.

The message seems to be, if you don't sign up, then no one will, thus the world will be a better place...?

Cruise/Streep/Redford put in performances too good, to have it waisted on such a film with no message.

James

James wrote:

I'll have to check that one out.

I watched Donnie Brasco earlier. I had seen it years ago. Great film. I'm about to watch Happiness.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

There Will Be Blood.

Fantastic movie. Surprisingly there was quite a bit of humor in it and I absolutely loved it. Daniel Day-Lewis has delivered perhaps the best acting performance I've ever seen in a movie, and all the technical aspects of the movie are great. The criticism towards big oil companies and fundamentalist televangelists is great. Absolutely loved this aspect of the movie.

10/10. My second favorite of the year behind Zodiac.

Board footer