You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

Neemo wrote:

dont forget opening acts

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If it walks like an Axl, smells like an Axl and whines like an Axl - it's Axl.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Aussie wrote:

It's actually classic reading that lawsuit.  Makes me wonder if part of it was written by a fan.  It had me laughing at times.

I thought these were funny statements in there:

On February 14th 2010 Guns N' Roses played a Valentines Show at The Rose Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York city.  Tim Riley from Activison was in attendance and approached Rose after the show.  In tears, he apologized for the way in which Rose and Guns N' Roses had been mistreated by Activision.  He said "I can't sleep at night" and asked Rose to forgive him.

I don't know how I should react to the idea that you can put that in a lawsuit. Reminds me of Slash telling Axl (via Beta) that Ax was the stronger and whatever.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Sounds like the kind of words someone might think Axl would want to hear.

Whatever... I cant wait for the day I click on a thread that says "Axl Rose announces a new Guns N'Roses album!" neutral

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If it walks like an Axl, smells like an Axl and whines like an Axl - it's Axl.

16:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Well done. 22

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Aussie wrote:

It's actually classic reading that lawsuit.  Makes me wonder if part of it was written by a fan.  It had me laughing at times.

I thought these were funny statements in there:

On February 14th 2010 Guns N' Roses played a Valentines Show at The Rose Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York city.  Tim Riley from Activison was in attendance and approached Rose after the show.  In tears, he apologized for the way in which Rose and Guns N' Roses had been mistreated by Activision.  He said "I can't sleep at night" and asked Rose to forgive him.

I don't know how I should react to the idea that you can put that in a lawsuit. Reminds me of Slash telling Axl (via Beta) that Ax was the stronger and whatever.

Wasn't that said through Beta as well?  I know some part of the BS in the lawsuit was...no matter what, it's a trend that while events may have actually happened involving her, it's unlikely that they went exactly the way she claims they did.  I can't see any executive crying and saying what they said he said.  Come on...if they really screwed someone that bad, they obviously have done it before and I assure you they aren't losing any sleep over it.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Axl get a life fuck the new GNR

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

This is all a classic example of seeing the world through Axl's rose colored glasses. I'm sure if there was an Activision exec at the show, he probably knew that Axl was pissed so he came over and apologized, probably hoping to avoid a lawsuit or keep their relationship professional for future music games and songs licensing. Somehow I doubt that he was literally in tears, though.

And did Activision misrepresent themselves? Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if they told Axl (or his housekeeper) whatever he wanted to hear to score the rights to use the song in the game. But if he didn't get it in writing, or doesn't have some reasonable proof of an implied verbal contract, then he doesn't have much to go on.

Just another example of Axl dragging up the past. If he wanted to look forward to the future (or at least put a positive spin on this lawsuit), he would have put The General or Checkmate or something fucking new on Rock Band 3.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well and keep in mind that Activision pumps these bad boys out each and every year. Just as one drops, they're already planning the next. They don't have time to crap or get off the pot with Axl's lazy ass bullshit. When Axl started dragging his feet with promoting GN'R with them, they called Slash, and it was whipped up in no time.

Same thing VH1 did with the Behind the Music. Axl was involved, started wasting their time trying to Hitler the whole fuckin' thing because only HIS opinion matters, and when they realized Axl was going nowhere with it, they called Slash and he got all buttsore.

I'm still stunned to this day he lent his voice to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, one of the biggest games of all-time, and THE biggest for that legendary franchise. I'm shocked he didn't go in there and try to re-write their fuckin' script for Tommy Nightmare because he knows better than them. roll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wow the harshness in this thread...for a bunch of guys who love his music we're so nasty-ass.

it's ironic cos I think Axl actually has a bit of a point on this one. It does sound like he got played a little by activision.

Board footer