You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

On vacation...drinking some good Bourbon on the rocks...feeling way too good to get involved with this. 16

Me too. I just climbed into a pill bottle myself. Where's James at? We're gonna get tore up...

ToNIGHT!!!

-----

Seriously everyone, have a fuckin' awesome Thanksgiving tomorrow. Give everyone hugs for me! smile

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The comments after the article are hilarious.  Anyone that wants to know what the general public thinks about Axl should take to reading them.  I mean, I've been telling you guys for years and keep getting told I don't speak for everyone.  Fortunately, Axl created an avenue for people to speak for themselves.

14 Wow! I read the first 8 pages of comments. Normally those things even out with Axl nutswingers coming to his defence but not this time, not anymore.  The guys is a clown. Hell people respect Vince Neil more for doing dancing with the stars than they do Axl for wasting time with this pile of shit lawsuit.  I honestly believe the guys in the band probably look at this and think it's douchey as well.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

If Axl Rose spent as much time recording as he spends time doing ridiculous lawsuits and hating Slash then we'd have had at least 8 new records by now.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Same thing VH1 did with the Behind the Music. Axl was involved, started wasting their time trying to Hitler the whole fuckin' thing because only HIS opinion matters, and when they realized Axl was going nowhere with it, they called Slash and he got all buttsore.

Who gave that story? Don't remember seeing/hearing anything about this.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

As for his claim that an Activision guy went backstage crying to appologise.  If anybody really believes that crap then I'm sorry but those same people would worry me cause well there are tails about a big white bearded guy that lives in the North Pole and gives every kids in the world gifts.  Also look in to the tooth fairy, Easter Bunny and the existence of unicorns as all those stories are just as believable as this.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

wow the harshness in this thread...for a bunch of guys who love his music we're so nasty-ass.

it's ironic cos I think Axl actually has a bit of a point on this one. It does sound like he got played a little by activision.

I have no qualms with Ax going after his rights.

He's oft merely expressing them in an immature fashion, which makes it hard to root for him.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Same thing VH1 did with the Behind the Music. Axl was involved, started wasting their time trying to Hitler the whole fuckin' thing because only HIS opinion matters, and when they realized Axl was going nowhere with it, they called Slash and he got all buttsore.

Who gave that story? Don't remember seeing/hearing anything about this.

Don't recall. It was one of those hearsay/rumor debate things going on around 2004, or whenever the BTM production happened. Little stuff trickled out from Axl's circle if I remember correctly on the forums about how Axl tried to cooperate, but VH1 didn't care about him telling his side of the story and teamed up with Slash (Axl's camp's pov).

I thought it was addressed in early 2006, but I don't recall when and where.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I recall VH1 got the November 2004 release date for CD from Axl's camp for whatever reason.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

(ops got confused! Never mind this post!)

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

I recall VH1 got the November 2004 release date for CD from Axl's camp for whatever reason.

Yeah, and now that you mention it, I believe that was Axl's camp who initially said they were working with them, because Axl had this idea about debuting the first single off of CD on the BTM, as well as lend his own interview.

But obviously his perfectionism and it never being done, VH1 moved on without him.

Board footer