You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Axl Rose Suing Activision / Guitar Hero

Intercourse wrote:

They got bottled off the stage in Dublin, yet they soldiered on.

Now that's not strictly true, I was there.

Axl provoked the crowd by being late on stage. He further provoked the crowd by not even acknowledging the frustration he had caused by being so late.

He poured petrol on that fire by threatening to leave rather than face four of five highly lethal empty plastic bottles hitting  the stage.

He was refused permission to leave the venue after he walked off for fear of a riot breaking out and GNR fans who paid their hard earned money to see a show getting hurt (again).

They pleaded with him for an hour to go back on.

He went on, sang a great set (which is the job he got very highly paid to do ), said nothing and left.

It was a night very short on heroism or soldering on I can tell you.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

And there was me happily imagining Duff slowly talking Axl down out of his manic, obsessive hatred of Slash over dinner in London.

Looks like whatever cosy chat those two gentlemen had, I guess Duff didn't even knock a dent in the iceberg that is Axl's OTT position on Slash.

Axl's venomous attacks and sudden crazy actions are often well-planned, I think. Well, he's bat shit crazy, without a doubt, and can cause a riot becuse his beef wasn't good enough, but sometimes he has a 'masterplan'.
He hates Slash with a passion, no doubt, but this new lawsuit has more to do with his dinner with Duff and the new reunion rumours, than anything else. The pressure might have got really big on him after the London 'accident', so he needed a ground to tell the world again that there will be no reunion cause he hates Slash. When Azoff tried to make him reunite with the fellow Gunners, he spewed that cancer attack against Slash. When the one-off reunion show rumour spread, he had his Beta's story about Slash begging for forgiveness. Now we get this lawsuit bullshit. The ridiculous amount of money involved in this case is only there to attract more attention.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Normally i'd agree but it seems this thread was turning into a bash fest,

have you read what the rest of the world is saying? What's here is mild. Its a universal thumbs down for Axl, people seem genuinely enraged with him.

It's not exactly earth shattering news that people hate Axl Rose.  That's been the story for the last 15 years.  And neither Slash nor Axl himself has done very much to lessen that hatred.  I haven't read the comments.  I don't care about the comments.  I'm not the least surprised by the comments.  I honestly don't think Axl cares what general music fans feel about him.  If he does, he's doing a terrible job of showing it.  He's got enough hardcore fans that will still buy into whatever it is that he's selling.  I know that number seems to be dwindling by the day, but they still put on large shows across the world (outside of the US), despite all the hatred for him.  They got bottled off the stage in Dublin, yet they soldiered on.  I somehow doubt a few nasty comments on the internet are going to have the slightest impact on how Axl handles himself in the future.

Look, I'd much rather be talking about releasing new music, or US tour dates, or SOMETHING, ANYTHING positive.  But this has been the story for the last decade plus.  Nobody should be surprised anymore.  I don't see the reason to get all upset about this.  I'm numb to it by now.  Luckily they get back on the road in a few weeks so we have something else to talk about, because I could honestly care less about all this nonsense.  Axl's gonna do what he's gonna do.  That's fine with me.  I have no say in that, nor should I.  Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Amen to that! 22

Ask an avarage rockfan in a few months what that Activision-lawsuit was all about. They'll go: "What lawsuit?!"

The hatred shown by some of the usual suspects in this thread borders on insane, to the point where I'm almost concerned for their mental wellbeing.

The easy access that modern technology has brought us, like legal documents flying around the world minutes after being filed, is not necessarily a good thing in every case. Could be a distraction from what actually concerns and affects you personally.

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:
Naltav wrote:

The hatred shown by some of the usual suspects in this thread borders on insane, to the point where I'm almost concerned for their mental wellbeing.

Eh?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

have you read what the rest of the world is saying? What's here is mild. Its a universal thumbs down for Axl, people seem genuinely enraged with him.

It's not exactly earth shattering news that people hate Axl Rose.  That's been the story for the last 15 years.  And neither Slash nor Axl himself has done very much to lessen that hatred.  I haven't read the comments.  I don't care about the comments.  I'm not the least surprised by the comments.  I honestly don't think Axl cares what general music fans feel about him.  If he does, he's doing a terrible job of showing it.  He's got enough hardcore fans that will still buy into whatever it is that he's selling.  I know that number seems to be dwindling by the day, but they still put on large shows across the world (outside of the US), despite all the hatred for him.  They got bottled off the stage in Dublin, yet they soldiered on.  I somehow doubt a few nasty comments on the internet are going to have the slightest impact on how Axl handles himself in the future.

Look, I'd much rather be talking about releasing new music, or US tour dates, or SOMETHING, ANYTHING positive.  But this has been the story for the last decade plus.  Nobody should be surprised anymore.  I don't see the reason to get all upset about this.  I'm numb to it by now.  Luckily they get back on the road in a few weeks so we have something else to talk about, because I could honestly care less about all this nonsense.  Axl's gonna do what he's gonna do.  That's fine with me.  I have no say in that, nor should I.  Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

Amen to that! 22

Ask an avarage rockfan in a few months what that Activision-lawsuit was all about. They'll go: "What lawsuit?!"

The easy access that modern technology has brought us, like legal documents flying around the world minutes after being filed, is not necessarily a good thing in every case. Could be a distraction from what actually concerns and affects you personally.

The hatred by people who have been screwed by Axl, had their lives inconvienced, and their LIVES PUT IN DANGER by his CALLOUS, CARELESS, SELFISH, and UNPROFESSIONAL behavior by coming on late to shows (Dublin specfically) and Axl having an aggressive attitude towards the audience....

Yet they are the ones with the mental disorder.

I'm concerned for your mental wellbeing as to how brainwashed you are. I think a few months in therapy would do you good.

You can have your opinion, and that's cool, but to think certain fans on here are not entitled to their attitude, you have to somewhat see where they are coming from. If you don't, you're blind, or you choose your disillusion.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Amen to that! 22

16  Wow! You seriously need help dude. Axlin said brainwashed but that's an understatement.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Here is my take on that whole fiasco.  Where I do agree with Axl is that yes Slash is still using his GNR fame to make money and I guess in some ways would give people the image that GNR ended when he left (and in some ways that is true).  HOWEVER!  It seems that everything Axl does he gets screwed or he says.  Release of CD he says he was screwed, he was screwed with the 2002 tour or was forced same thing and now this.  He agrees to give Activision the rights to use WTTJ without him knowing they'd use Slash which by the way is complete BULL.  So what does that say?  Clearly Axl is horribly guided and he can't manage this whole GNR thing like he pretends he does.  IF and that is a HUGE if he really got screwed with this while GH3 thing then clearly he needs a better entourage of lawyers, managers, PR team and all cause no way in hell that the Slash usage thing wasn't in the contract.  So seriously I suggest Axl to get a better entourage.  It would avoid him many lawsuits.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

And by the way.  While Axl accuses Slash of living off his GNR fame well clearly Axl needs to take a good look in the mirror.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash will always be associated with GnR.  The sooner Axl gets over that, the better everybody interested in GnR will be.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Yeah..and it's not new. I guess what I mean is that this law suit may or may not be justified, but I feel some out there use it as an excuse to go on a wholesale Axl bash. You know like if Axl uses botox or not has very little to do with the issue. But it's all good, there's freedom of speach.

I hope its its only 'sort of'. The fact that he not only wanted Slash out but VELVET REVOLVER also shows a level of vindictivness I would have not expected or seen. He's out to displace all ex-members of GNR.

It is somewhat unexpected. However we don't know that it's comming from a place of hatred, it could also be about fear and protecting his own brand.

Let's be honest: The original or UYI GNR line up is fundemental to what MANY in the general public know and love about GNR, and to most non-hardcores I'd say the core of that is Basicly Slash/Axl with most prefering Duff and Izzy etc around as well.

Now for right or wrong Axl's been left in control of the GNR brand and, in his own (addmittedly slow and different) way, is attempting to proceed onwards with Chinese Democracy and the tour and so on.

But Velvet Revolver is a significant risk to GNR. Why - because it's 3/5 of GNR and was heavily portrayed that way in the media. Hell it's often mentioned that GNR it'sself is only 1/5 of the orginal line up. Now Axl has the naming card in his pocket and they can't take that from him, and also Axl has that unique voice and most peple know he (like the VR boys)  was also a key element in the success.

However, a couple of monster hits and VR would easily be considered 'the new gnr' to the media, espeically seeing as Axl isn't dumb so must know the problems he gets into (eg late starts/not liking interviews) etc don't happen with them and so they're media darlings.

Also remember Guitar Hero 3 was around like what, a year or more from Chinese Democracy's release, so he needed to protect his brand to further the eventual plans for the then new chinese democracy album comming out and a new GNR taking off (which I think on some level was originally the plan).

So does Axl hate them. Maybe. But it could also be business. The very existance of VR is a significant threat to GNR. It's almost more GNR like than GNR. They've made a lot more positive buzz/grammies etc than GNR at that stage at least...and maybe still.

So I don't see this deal as all that much different from getting Coke to sponsor a game, and them asking for the game not to include Pepsi.

Slash wrote the riff, its a Guitar game,  'nuff said.

Agreed. But then when the game focuses on Slash as the major character in the entire game - a boss, on the box etc , it sets up a connotation that Slash = GNR. A year out from the release of a new GNR album without slash. And then when it starts promoting VR which as described earlier is a business rival.

Axl's no saint - but I can see why he wouldn't want to encourage that to happen. It's not in his company's interests.

Board footer