You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Wiki Leaks

Become? Implying that the current state differs from the past - please explain your perception of how things used to be.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Lets see your UNBIASED sources. Are you not getting whats going on around you ?

So those who disagree have to show UNBIASED sources while you and those who agree get to show biased sources?

Too funny...

That is your idea of protecting a population ?

Like I said, become an advocate of the US disbanding NATO since you think the US doesn't protect you. Billions can be saved on both sides of the pond.

Your paranoia is entertaining, but to be expected your just following along with the rest of the fear mongers

I knew this was how you were gonna respond to that post. Its how all people who support wikileaks respond when shown some facts. Start throwing out the 'fear monger' label and using insults.

Take a look at the facts for yourself then. Saying it is anti americawwwwn don't do much to prove your paranoia either

I have looked at the facts. Its crystal clear that you haven't though.

There has been on information that would endanger american lives leaked. The only people threatened are the same government and news outlets you are puppeting here

Interesting, as you seem to be spouting the same defensive anti European pro military right bullshit.

Funny that someone who doesn't support wikileaks is labeled as that.

Ya dude, you obviously have no idea what your talking about or how the internet works.

Case in point: If they could have shut wiki leaks down, they would have by now.
Are you seriously saying they would shut down the entire internet over this?

BECAUSE your military cannot take down a single site.

This is where my participation in the debate stops as you clearly have zero knowledge on US cyber tactics and aren't even willing to read about it. For you to claim I have no idea what I'm talking about when you could have did a 2 second google search to lead you to some areas that would discuss these things showing I am right is laughable.

You're just one of those people aboard the wikileaks bandwagon since its a hot issue and are now an armchair expert even though you lack basic knowledge on issues you attempt to offer a rebuttal to. Its why you have to run to the insult well so often during the course of the debate.

I post quotes from Gates showing his position on Wikileaks, I'm labeled a coward.

I show you that the US has the capabilities to take wikileaks down if it decides to and even tell you where to look for such information, I'm told I don't know how the internet works.

This could have been an interesting debate but its simply not worth the effort of posting when me(or anyone) simply get insulted for posting facts that you don't agree with.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

It's pretty difficult to argue with the crazy.  If you're posting information from a biased site, you cannot expect others to not do the same...unless you're implying that wikileaks isn't picking and choosing what it releases.

The only difference between the current world and the past world is the internet.  This same shit has been going on since the dawn of time.  It's only a big deal now because some website can post whatever it wants to the internet that supports their agenda.  Nothing is new, it's just easier to try to brainwash the masses.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

It's pretty difficult to argue with the crazy.  If you're posting information from a biased site, you cannot expect others to not do the same...unless you're implying that wikileaks isn't picking and choosing what it releases.

The only difference between the current world and the past world is the internet.  This same shit has been going on since the dawn of time.  It's only a big deal now because some website can post whatever it wants to the internet that supports their agenda.  Nothing is new, it's just easier to try to brainwash the masses.

Brainwashing the masses?? What are you talking about this isn't a cnospiracy theory bullshit story

James Lofton wrote:

Lets see your UNBIASED sources. Are you not getting whats going on around you ?

So those who disagree have to show UNBIASED sources while you and those who agree get to show biased sources?

Too funny...

No due the difference is the ones that support your bullshit ACTUALLY ARE BIASED. yes they actually are. In real life. Get on google check it out

Like I said, become an advocate of the US disbanding NATO since you think the US doesn't protect you. Billions can be saved on both sides of the pond.

Probably

I have looked at the facts. Its crystal clear that you haven't though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/201 … ve-updates

There has been on information that would endanger american lives leaked. The only people threatened are the same government and news outlets you are puppeting here

Interesting, as you seem to be spouting the same defensive anti European pro military right bullshit.

Funny that someone who doesn't support wikileaks is labeled as that.

No man this is about cowardice, lazy and heartless people like you who won't stand up for truth that is what this is about now.

This is where my participation in the debate stops as you clearly have zero knowledge on US cyber tactics and aren't even willing to read about it. For you to claim I have no idea what I'm talking about when you could have did a 2 second google search to lead you to some areas that would discuss these things showing I am right is laughable.

Were talking about 2 different things. ANd there is no way of shutting down every mirror site. Your living in a fantasy word if you think there is.

You're just one of those people aboard the wikileaks bandwagon since its a hot issue and are now an armchair expert even though you lack basic knowledge on issues you attempt to offer a rebuttal to. Its why you have to run to the insult well so often during the course of the debate.

Sure man, whatever helps you sleep at night in your cowardice

I post quotes from Gates showing his position on Wikileaks, I'm labeled a coward.

On the base of your entire reply your a coward

I show you that the US has the capabilities to take wikileaks down if it decides to and even tell you where to look for such information, I'm told I don't know how the internet works.

Man your omitting the mirrors in this. They have repeatedly taken it down but the mirrors keep it going

This could have been an interesting debate but its simply not worth the effort of posting when me(or anyone) simply get insulted for posting facts that you don't agree with.

As I said were talking about different things. Mirrors vs taking down a specific site.

With a diversion into your cowardice

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

popcorn.gif

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Don't really understand the popcorn icon, considering the fact none of it has been all that entertaining.

James tries to spur a debate, and Stepvhen just calls him a coward over and over and says he's a lazy American.

The man is a cliched European in so many ways it's not even funny.

So WikiLinks leaked some classified shit. The U.S. broke international law... nobody cares man. Nobody fuckin' cares.

You gonna arrest them? I'd like to see you try.

I can understand what Stepvhen is getting at with the standard person being so passive and intellectually lazy, but honestly even if all of us here were to see eye-to-eye on this ordeal, we're not gonna change anything. People like us will never be in power. It'll never change. It'll just get worse. So being dismissive of this whole thing, at least on my part, isn't about cowardice. I'd love to crack some skulls, and the day somebody wants to back me up, let's fuckin' go baby, but the real truth is... nobody gives a shit, nor do they want to hear what I have to say, on anything. And the same goes for everyone here.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Don't really understand the popcorn icon, considering the fact none of it has been all that entertaining.

And yet you all continue to post novel sized responses to each other because you're not entertained?

It's the weirdest conversation I have ever seen on this site. the vibe in here is fucked.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The fact that there is one person on one side of the issue and he brings nothing to the table other than insults takes a lot away from the vibe. It could be an interesting discussion if the guy starting the thread was interested in a discussion, but he's not.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah and he keeps swiping my karma because I refuse to go to his site and 'duel' him lol

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It needs to be shut down. Period. Not today, not tomorrow. Yesterday. Wikileaks is really walking the line of information that does not need to be available to the public. I'm all for freedom of speech but they are taking it too far.

We can start with shutting down the Post and Times, cause nobody knew or gave a fuck about wikileaks until the biggest newspapers in the world started republishing them. Assange is a terrorist but Bill Keller is not?

A great example:

It revealed that America was storing illegal weaponry in Britain with british consent.

This info does not need to be available to the public. The US has Europe under a "nuclear umbrella" and of course that umbrella is gonna include everything including the kitchen sink.

You don't feel the public should know their government is breaking the law?

Europe wants the US to protect it all costs then whines when it does. Make up your fucking minds. The US is willing to lose millions of lives, our entire military, and countless cities to protect Europe from a catastrophic attack. Since you guys apparently don't like it, start mobilizing a huge grass roots movement to get us out of there.

Does Russia know about this "illegal weaponry"? Of course. No one else needs to know though. You're being protected by weapons that will only be used as a last resort and these weapons are why you weren't speaking Russian and worshiping Stalin statues decades ago. If you want to defend yourself, please pull out of NATO so you can save us billions of dollars a year.

Instead of begging for this wikileaks stuff to be allowed to thrive, start protesting your country's involvement in NATO and plead for the US to pull out of Europe. Its time for all this anti American sentiment to start putting its money where its mouth is. Don't like us or what we stand for? Then stop taking our money and having our military protect you.

Wikileaks is crossing the line in revealing info regarding the US/China/NK situation. That is a powder keg waiting to blow up in the world's face, and leaking anything regarding that crisis puts thousands of US troops at risk in the DMZ, and for that alone I would never support anything about Assange/wikileaks.

The US military needs to vaporize wikileaks from existence.

And in return Europe has to function as Americas backyard buffer to Russia, and having all kinds of unbenefitial demands shoved down their throats, like missile shields, unrestricted access to "terrorists" (citizens) and fighter duty in third world country bomb target of the week. You think Europeans leaders like having to always balance between their citizens demands and your government?

It's just politics. Britan and France are bitter because they're no longer top dog, Germany are angry and confrontational because they never were but thinks they should be, and the rest just tries to suck as much ass as they can without looking weak, cause they know that they are.

Wikileaks isn't about some petty US-EU dick measuring, it's about lighting up the increasingly dim government corridors and refresh peoples memory about what western civilization was built on. It isn't that long ago since Woodward and Bernstein were considered heroes. Memory is expedient I guess.

Board footer