You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: HEATH LEDGER DEAD

Seems like everyone, famous or not, is doing  drugs nowadays..

Make me want to stay single forever...

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Wow. Sucks.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

This is just horrible, it was looking very well that he had a bright future ahead of him. I was very anticipated about the new Batman movie this summer and now it's always going to be remembered as his last movie. I haven't heard of any plans made for future Batman sequels yet, I hope the franchise won't fall apart already even though it wouldn't be surprising because it seems like everytime they get to the third superhero/comic book film, it goes downhill.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

January 23, 2008 08:44am
Article from: NEWS.com.au
Ledger, an Academy Award nominee, was found dead in his bed in his apartment in the trendy Manhattan area of SoHo by his housekeeper at 3.35pm (7.35am AEDT).

Law enforcement sources told celebrity website TMZ.com they did not a crime, saying prescription pills were found near his body.

New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said: "We are investigating the possibility of an overdose."

"There were pills within the vicinity of the bed," Mr Browne said.

The 28-year-old Perth-born actor had a two-year-old daughter, Matilda, with former fiancee Michelle Williams, who played his wife in Brokeback Mountain.

They separated in September, 2007.

The New York Times reported that a masseuse arrived at his apartment and was let in the door by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Ledger's bedroom.

When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom door and found Ledger unconscious.

They attempted to wake him, and when they couldn't they called 911.

When paramedics responded, the actor was in full cardiac arrest. They attempted to perform CPR on him, but were unsuccessful.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Ledger plays the Joker in the upcoming Batman film The Dark Knight.

Ledger is best known for his groundbreaking role as Ennis in Brokeback Mountain.

He played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in Monster's Ball and had starring roles in A Knight's Tale and The Patriot.

Ledger grew up in Perth and began doing amateur theater at age 10.

At 16, he moved to Sydney to pursue an acting career, quickly landing TV movie roles and guest spots on Australian television.

After several independent films and a starring role in the short-lived Fox TV series Roar, Ledger moved to Los Angeles and co-starred in 10 Things I Hate About You, a teen comedy reworking of The Taming of the Shrew.

Offers for other teen films came his way, but Ledger turned them down, preferring to remain idle than sign on for projects he did not like.

"It wasn't a hard decision for me," Ledger told The Associated Press in 2001.

"It was hard for everyone else around me to understand. Agents were like, 'You're crazy,' my parents were like, 'Come on, you have to eat'."

His latest role was in I'm Not There, in which he played one of the many incarnations of singer Bob Dylan - as did Cate Blanchett, whose performance in that film earned her an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

This is really shocking.

As far as the Batman thing goes, Ledger already finished filming the movie and it is in post-production. 

The third movie is supposed to be focused more on Two Face, but I'm sure The Joker might have had something to do in it.  Oh well, I guess not now.

RIP

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Synyster Gates wrote:

This is really shocking.

As far as the Batman thing goes, Ledger already finished filming the movie and it is in post-production. 

The third movie is supposed to be focused more on Two Face, but I'm sure The Joker might have had something to do in it.  Oh well, I guess not now.

RIP

I guess it depends on how they end or planned to end Dark Knight and whether the Joker was inteneded to return or would be killed off in DK.

AtariLegend wrote:

-R.I.P-

sad

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

just like Cesar Romero no doubt inspired Jack Nicholson and Jack prolly inspired Heath...i'm sure he'll inspire an actor to acceptably take on the character...the batman franchise isnt know for its loyalty to past actors anyway

I mean for me it even remains to be seen if Heath will top Jack's Joker from 1989

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

just like Cesar Romero no doubt inspired Jack Nicholson and Jack prolly inspired Heath...i'm sure he'll inspire an actor to acceptably take on the character...the batman franchise isnt know for its loyalty to past actors anyway

I mean for me it even remains to be seen if Heath will top Jack's Joker from 1989

In all likely hood Ledger's "The Joker" probably gets killed at the end of the film, likely by Batman...

That will be strange in a sense.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Bill Cosby drunk, blindfolded, and with a gag ball in his mouth could top that.

That is what permanently turned me off to the Batman franchise. That first film was a snooze fest straight from the gates of hell.

I'm gonna have to watch Batman Begins before this new film comes out.

Board footer