You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: MyGNR closing for business

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Right now:

NewGNR: 1123 Guests, 70 Users (10 Hidden)

If you think that stat is real, I have ten thousand bridges I'd like to sell you.

cd.com used to use that same code. If we wanted to, we could code this site to show it has 1000 guests if we wanted to. Our cyber self esteem isn't low enough for us to desire inflating our stats.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

So, they're rigging their stats, huh? I did not know this.

AtariLegend wrote:

They're not rigging their stats, they're just misleading people tongue.

Stats are for past 24hrs not 15 mins like they claim, check user online profiles.

Before the split ChineseDemocracy/NEWGNR used to use an hr instead 15 mins to make themselves look more active than HTGTH and MYGNR at the time.

As someone who spent alot times on each site passing by, MYGNR even during dead periods of the day i.e times when HTGTH litterally had 0 users online and just guests was always the most active of the forums on a user/15 mins timeframe since the HTGTH of 2006 days.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Well, it makes sense now. I guess it works. They fooled me.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Right now:

CD.com: 107 Guests, 15 Users

gnfnr: 4 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

HTGTH: 25 Guests, 2 Users (1 Hidden)

Pretty much says which site is the biggest now.

NewGNR always says it has 1000 + guests and a couple of hundred users. It's a script they use to make it look as if they are busy. Usually it's the same dozen jerk offs and that's it. Check it out, and see how "busy" it is. The post count/activity NEVER matches what it reports at the bottom.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

^^

From what the mods say, it'll probably be up for a little while until it's taken off line.

That's what I don't get. Why couldn't he just announce it was going offline and then put it in maintenance mode at midnight until the whatever happened? He made this announcement then let the site fall into disarray.

Now it's a ship floating out at sea with a bunch of drunk pirates on board, some of whom actually believe the captain may still sell it to them before it sinks. Funny stuff indeed.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If he's a drama queen he might still keep it up and re-decide his actions. That would make it all more funny.

freak
 Rep: 4 

freak wrote:
Cramer wrote:
misterID wrote:

Right now:

CD.com: 107 Guests, 15 Users

gnfnr: 4 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

HTGTH: 25 Guests, 2 Users (1 Hidden)

Pretty much says which site is the biggest now.

NewGNR always says it has 1000 + guests and a couple of hundred users. It's a script they use to make it look as if they are busy. Usually it's the same dozen jerk offs and that's it. Check it out, and see how "busy" it is. The post count/activity NEVER matches what it reports at the bottom.

His other numbers are crap too. I was on GnFnR most of last night, and there was never less than 60 or 70 people logged in. The site has done 70 new threads and over a thousand posts in the last 24 hours.

Right now the numbers are:
GnFnR-- 28 members, 18 guests, 5 hidden
HTGTH-- 9 users, 33 guests
CD-- 14 users, 90 guests
NewGnR-- 61 users, 990 guests(Bullshit!)

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

HTGTH has really gone to shit since hasn't it? I remember when hanging out at the place was fun, but that was a looooong time ago.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer