You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Lady GaGa Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I was none too impressed with that song.  Think I like "Judas" better.

Howard Stern ripped into her today after watching her HBO special saying how she basically copied Madonna's "Truth Or Dare" with her antics and behind the scenes "speeches".  He also complained that she played a bunch of shitty new songs, and wanted to hear the "hits".

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
@HowardStern could not have been more spot on with his criticism of Lady GaGa and the open of her HBO special. Sickening! Such a tough life?

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
Nothing worse than seeing a multi millionaire performer crying about how tough her life is! Tell that to the people who are broke w/ no job

EddieTrunk Eddie Trunk
Dont care if she claims to be into metal, this was a disgrace, and oh yeah, the music blows to! I'm about to play MSG but have it so tough?!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Again, Bono, heard the same thing about Madonna. And Madonna was very bublegum pop for quite a long time. I've learned not to write someone off until I see them crash and burn or disappear.

I'm not a fan of GaGa, but I'm not going to try and deny that she's talented. I don't own any of her music. All I know is what I hear on the radio and catch early in the mornings on VH1. I seriously couldn't name hardly any of her songs, outside of the ones posted in this thread. But what I've heard is good.

Axlin08 wrote:

Bono called it. Alot of it sounds like the popular dance music of the early 90's.

Bono???!! 4

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

by EddieTrunk
@
@EddieTrunk leave gaga alone!! She's has it hard stealing Madonna, Bowie, kiss and Coopers style of music and theatrical performances!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Again, Bono, heard the same thing about Madonna. And Madonna was very bublegum pop for quite a long time. I've learned not to write someone off until I see them crash and burn or disappear.

I'm not a fan of GaGa, but I'm not going to try and deny that she's talented. I don't own any of her music. All I know is what I hear on the radio and catch early in the mornings on VH1. I seriously couldn't name hardly any of her songs, outside of the ones posted in this thread. But what I've heard is good.

Axlin08 wrote:

Bono called it. Alot of it sounds like the popular dance music of the early 90's.

Bono???!! 4

Sorry, Sir Lord Mr. ID, III called it.

Actually I wasn't even thinking of your above post. I was thinking of when Bono ripped her to shreds the other day. Can't remember if it was this thread, or another one.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I feel the need to state again that I don't think she's "ground breaking" "mind blowing" or any other such non sense. If you look back at anything I've posted about her in the last 2 years or such, I'd be shocked if I'd ever used words like that.

But it's certainly ok for me to love the 5 or so songs by her that I do.

As for Born This Way, I really do like the track, but I couldn't stand Judas. I like Edge of Glory so far and I'm still looking forward to the rest of the record.

I don't think people like you are the problem. Tbh, Edge of Glory is a good song. It's got more to do with the fact that I think the media needs to back it down a notch are her 'brilliance'.

She's good, but this album was to prove it she was great and really all the hype surrounding her. It's not there.

So it's not like GaGa is not likable and good, but this "legendary" thing needs to go. It's not gonna happen.

They were saying the same thing about Linkin Park after Hybrid Theory. You see where that went.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

She also needs to go back to focusing more on her actual music, rather than being obsessed over her image.

That right there kills her credibility.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
jamester wrote:

by EddieTrunk
@
@EddieTrunk leave gaga alone!! She's has it hard stealing Madonna, Bowie, kiss and Coopers style of music and theatrical performances!!

This is awesomely put. I dig Eddie, good dude.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

haven't read any reelies yet but sorry for ragging on her pointlessly in this thread. bad form since I hate when people do the same in a U2 thread. I'm not a fan so why be in the discussion haha.

Board footer