You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: DJ ASHBA Recalls 'Funny' Bar Fight Involving AXL ROSE -

Axlin16 wrote:

Insane... maybe... bad ass, questionable.

I never forget Slash telling the story of when Axl was crashing at his grandmother or aunt's house (can't remember), and the lady told Axl he needed to get up off the couch, and he told her to fuck off.

Later on Slash has Axl in his car and tells him he can't be talking to his family that way when they opened up their home to him, and without missing a beat, Axl just leaps from the moving vehicle and proceeds to run down the street, and I think Slash said he didn't see him for hours after that.

Another rumor was that Axl threatened to kill himself if Erin didn't marry him. They then proceeded to drive to Vegas in the middle of the night to get married, and Axl had the loaded gun in the car.

If true, that sounds like a guy who is severely inbalanced and needs a mixture of chemicals in his body at any given time.

Bad ass? I think Axl's definition of "beating a guy's ass", was slapping him across the face in a mink stoll like he did that biker at St. Louis in '91.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bragging about that lame ass "fight" is so pathetic.  "We beat him to a pulp", real cool DJ.. "It was just fun"... WTF?  DJ should fight less, and practice more.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bad ass? I think Axl's definition of "beating a guy's ass", was slapping him across the face in a mink stoll like he did that biker at St. Louis in '91.

Can't tell you how much I disagree with that.

Axl is clearly not all that intidimating physically, he's not super-tall and he's generally a pretty small build. What he lacks in physical size he makes up for in heart.

Call it insane, call it wild, call it whatever, I see him as a person who has a problem controling his temper on occasion, and when that moment hits he seems to be fueled by the devil - consequences be damned.

The thing is he's also quite smart when his brain is in calmer seas. Which is why all of his antics tend to be spur of the moment problems. Like some photographer bothers beta, or some cop is pushing around a girl, or some guy in the front row is being a dick. It's when he sees something that upsets him. He'll go off. And it wont matter if it causes a riot, ruins his image, fucks up the show - get's him arrested...whatever has to be done he will do.

But in calmer moments when people formally write back to his "get in the ring" challage or when vince neal offers to fight - well then his intelligence kicks back in and he doesn't do it. It's not because he's gutless, it's because to capture the angry Axl that wants blood you really need to do soemthing on the spur of the moment not by prearrangement.

Also, it's worth considering that Axl has a bit of an old school gang mentality I think. He doesn't like people fucking with his own. Now I don't know what was going down between DJ and this dude...but I'm pretty damn sure that if Axl got the impression that some random was attacking DJ and/or Del he'd be over there in seconds to go the guy.

So call him what you will. To me his character seems like he's generally an easy going funny guy, like you could hang out with him and have a blast without any kind of trouble 99.9% of the time. But...he has that wild streak...especially when involving someone close to him getting hastled...if I slapped around one of his inner circle..doesn't matter if I was three times his size (which I'm not) I'm sure...he'd go in there headfirst to kick my ass.wheter he actually can or not...it's just the way he's always been.

So i beleive this story, I'll grant DJ may be glamorising it a little and maybe playing up his own role, but I wouldn't doubt for a second that axl would get involved if a fight broke out amongst randoms and his bandmates/friends (which DJ and Del are)....i'm not sure why anyone who's followed GNR as long as us would think differently. Even axl joked about him being "reactionary" on eddie trunk..he's not really an instigator...but if someone starts him...he's good for a fight.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

He's just too much for me. It's embarrassing.

Agreed. I haven't liked this guy since day one.

The story does sound like bullshit though. If its true, its definitely been dramatized to make it sound better.

misterID wrote:

Stranger things have happened... 16

axl-rose-vs-tommy-hilfiger.jpg

Betty White could kick that guy's ass. That minor confrontation is nothing to brag about. The confrontation more than likely would have never occurred had there not been a thousand people standing inches away from both men when it happened.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Axl would wipe the floor with Hilfiger....silly to discuss it but it was real....quite sure of that as I was in New York at the time. It was right before or during the Hammerstein shows. Some guys are quick to scuffle, Axl is one of them and has always been one of them. He is what he is. I don't think he has changed at all.

Sky Dog wrote:

the other thing is that most eye witnesses thought Axl was in the right.....it wasn't a publicity job and either was the airport thing. I don't agree with some of his actions, but I do believe he THINKS he is doing right. Doesn't mean it is right or wrong......just sayin'.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Axl would wipe the floor with Hilfiger....

Obviously. When I said Betty White could kick his ass, I was referring to Hilfiger. 16

Remember that supposed incident at a club where Weiland and Axl were there and supposedly Axl ran like a little bitch? Not sure if that was ever confirmed(wasn't it a tabloid reporting it), but it caused quite a stir on the sites back then.

My favorite Axl incident regarding this topic was during the 89 VMAs right after Axl and Izzy left the stage during that surprise Petty performance and Vince Neil sucker punched Izzy and Axl chased him out of the building.

Worst incident of course being when Axl and Erin Everly were beat up by several guys at some bar in Europe. Never really discussed on the forums much but I know all you old timers remember that.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

This DJ ASHBA is a real cockhead

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gibbo wrote:

This DJ ASHBA is a real cockhead

Post of the century 14