You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chickenfoot Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

There's no fuckin' way.

Sammy's telling me that CFIII is better than 5150? No way that's possible.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ This might be a good place to ask this actually, got any recomendations for Sammy stuff outside of chickenfoot.

I don't actually know much of his back cataloge, even VH stuff I mostly know what was on the "Best of Van Halen" album i have which was mostly DLR era excpet for "Poundcake" "Why Can't this be love" and "Dreams" from memory.

So if anyone knows what I should checkout to get more intto sammy - either solo stuff for VH stuff let me know - especially guitar rocker type tracks make me happy - I can deal with more poundcake style songs wink

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Monkey, with how much you dig Chickenfoot, the two Sammy Van Halen albums I highly recommend that you should check out are - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (F.U.C.K.) which features Poundcake, and Balance. Both are really strong mature efforts from the band, especially Balance. Great mix of rockers and ballads.

I consider Chickenfoot's debut kind of like the follow up to Balance that we never got.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

"There's Only One Way To Rock" and "I Can't Drive 55" were probably his 2 biggest hits as a solo artist.  I always enjoyed and thought "Amsterdam" was an underrated track from his VH days.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I've always dug the hell out of Marching To Mars, his first post-VH solo album.  If memory serves Slash and Sorum both have guest appearances on it as well.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I always loved this song.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks everyone for the recomendations...one of many reasons I love this board...so many knowledgable folks smile

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

I've always dug the hell out of Marching To Mars, his first post-VH solo album.  If memory serves Slash and Sorum both have guest appearances on it as well.

Forgot about the later solo Hagar stuff.  Can't go without mentioning "Mas Tequila".  Nice party tune.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks again for all the sammy tracks.

Chickenfoot's first single from Chickenfoot III is out: "Big Foot"

You can stream it here:

http://soundcloud.com/chickenfootband/big-foot

Chickenfoot is the strangest band to me - at first always kinda slightly underwhelming in that I don't hear it and go "god damn" but then their music is like a "grower" to me - in that I hear a track a few times, then find myself humming it around the house - singing along in the car - thinking about getting a beer on a friday night and crankling it...so let's face it I'm a fan.

To me this sounds pretty cool...makes me think the chemestry is still going to be there for the full album...i was a bit worried the first one might have been a fluke.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I dig it, sounds like it picks up straight from where the last album left off.

I don't hear anything 'heavier' or 'better' than the last album like they've been promising, but it's a solid rock number. Sounds like a cross between something by Audioslave and later Sammy era Van Halen. Nice solo by Satriani too!

Board footer