You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Velvet Revolver featuring Corey Taylor; Album done?

Just rewatched that video of It's So Easy with Corey and Slash. Slash, you massive fucking tool, you nixed a VR reunion with Corey on vocals - the only singer I've seen who manages to put the same level of venom into ISE that Axl does - so you could fuck around with Myles and his banal songwriting and his helium voice and his inability to LEARN THE FUCKING WORDS TO THE SONGS?

4 4 4

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Fuckin' agreed bro. Slash's ego has now helped destroy two great bands. Good job, you ass.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I honestly don't hear what some of you hear with Corey Taylor. So fucking boring if you ask me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He isn't that great.  Repetitive as shit, sappy as shit.  Does have some good songs, but no better than scott if you ask me.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Corey annihilates Scott... no contest.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Neither of them is right for Slash imo.

Stone sour has some good songs, but in the end they all sound exactly the same.

He's got two sounds. Slipknott style growl - which I admit is cool cos it's got a bit of anger behind it. But his clean voice is just like any modern rock band's backing vocals. There's nothing wrong with it - but it's way too bland.

It's not that I dislike stone sour cos I enjoy some tracks - but I have three albums worth on my ipod and I can't tell he difference between any of them.

I don't think he has the range either.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Neither does Myles.

Hell I can sing through my nose, and sound like 2002 Axl... and that's fuckin' half-assin' it.

I prefer Corey over Myles, but I would agree that neither of them are particularly correct for Slash.

Which brings you back to square one - who is?

Other than Axl Rose, the only other guy I can think of that would be right for Slash's guitar tone is Chris Cornell. And Cornell is 'too hipster', to ever associate with Slash on a full-time basis imho.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I reckon Steven Tyler would sound great on top of Slash's guitar. I was disappointed he wasn't included as one of the singers on Slash's solo album

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes....

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Corey annihilates Scott... no contest.

Does Corey have a better song than "Interstate Love Song"... Corey a better singer, but total package isn't much better than Scott, if at all... 

1969-1974 Mick Jagger with Slash would be Ace.

Board footer