You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Saikin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Foo Fighters are terrible live & Dave is pathetic & sad doing a bad Chris Martin routine. he's a cheese monster these days.

GNR would never do anything as cool as this:

whatever....neither would Led Zep, TheWho, or any other good band. Grohl is a jerk....different jerk than Axl but a complete JACKASS.

I love flaming liberals who have NO RESPECT for others views. 4

such a contradiction huh?

Agreed.

That's an amazing performance that I can't hear a fucking word of. Who can understand what Grohl is even saying?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Could this be the first tour of the new band NOT called the Chinese Democracy World Tour?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:
Saikin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Foo Fighters are terrible live & Dave is pathetic & sad doing a bad Chris Martin routine. he's a cheese monster these days.

whatever....neither would Led Zep, TheWho, or any other good band. Grohl is a jerk....different jerk than Axl but a complete JACKASS.

I wasn't under the impression that you agreed with the ideology of the WBC.  In that case, there's no point in talking to you.  16

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Saikin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

You put Axl above Dave in the jerk and jackass category because of some comments he made about GNR 20 years ago? Are you insane? Your talking about someone (Axl) who lost his shit on a photographer in an airport for just snapping a few pics among other things.

GNR could take a few pages out the Foo Fighters' book on how to treat fans. They constantly have the fans in mind. From the constant updates to way they perform shows and everything inbetween. If Axl did something like that protest, people on here would be drooling over their keyboards as if it was the best and most original thing to ever happen in rock music.

You will never see a GNR documentary with the band in theaters accompanied by a live broadcasted 3D concert. Hell, Axl won't even allow his band to be streamed on the internet in shit quality.

FF come on stage ON TIME. This isn't 1992 anymore, people don't really care enough about GNR to wait hours for them to come on. That's why most of the arenas in the US are half-filled and 2/3s empty by 2:30 am when the show is over.

They play a full set every night and don't get pissy about the audience. When I saw the Foos on Monday, Dave asked the crowd to cheer if it was their first FF show and a good 3/4s of the sold-out arena erupted. Instead of being offended or pissed, he turned it into a joke and laughed about it.

Ticket prices were reasonable for such a high-profile act. Floor tix were $60 after fees. I paid $90 for GNR at the same venue in 06.

Lets see, a t-shirt at that concert was $25 while one at GNR was $35... I could go on and on but I just don't get how you can say Dave is a bigger ass than Axl. I love them both but Dave for sure wins me on the treatment of fans.

Ugh it just pisses me off when internet GNR fanboys seem they have to hate everything Dave Grohl just because of a stupid little rift between Axl and Nirvana 20 years ago. That's fine if you don't like FF music but to say Dave is a bigger jackass than Axl is probably the dumbest thing I've read on the internet and there is a lot of stupid shit on here.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

What in the fuck any of this has to do with Grohl doing an absolutely incoherent and completely misunderstood, and confusing protest of the WBC, i'm not sure. The WBC should be burned alive in baskets, imo. But that's just me.

I don't see how that somehow became about Axl, other than Saikin saying "GN'R would never do something as cool as this". If stupid is cool, yeah -- GN'R would never do it, I agree.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Show up later and stop being a little bitch!

Give me the option to pay half the ticket price then since if I'm showing up late and will miss the opening acts. The fact you can't comprehend that is a joke.  What you fail to realize is 90% of the people in these buildings don't know how it plays out. You guys act like everyone going to a Gn'R shows knows the ins and outs and spend all their time on a  Gn'R message board. Step out side your online bubble kids.

Gn'R has done a good thing this time though by announcing the start tiems as 9:00 I belive. That's  much better so ther's a positive thing for you guys to chew on.

I'll just focus on this part.  I've said this before, so excuse me for sounding like a broken record.  But if you're paying $90 to go see a band, don't you think you should do a little research to see what they've been up to, what you're in store for?  I feel no pity for anyone who pays that money and goes to a show not knowing Slash is not in the band, or there is a great chance it's going to be a LONG night.  I'm sorry, that's just not being a smart consumer.  GNR's reputation is well enough known that you should be aware there is some risk involved.  Here in CT, the DJ's were joking about a potential concert before it was announced, and told people to get familiar with the refund policy.  I find it hard to believe that people are blind to what GNR is known for, regardless of how long they've been off the radar.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

"Get familiar with the refund policy"  14

That's pretty good for a DJ.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Axl's copping a bit of a pounding in this thread - considering for years it's been "fuck GNR they're irrelevant in the USA" and complaints about no touring outside europe or whatever.

And we're arguing about late starts, cancellations and off-colour peformances that havn't even occured yet.

Look on the bright side folks: Axl's one of the greatest of his generation (and I feel of all time) - he could retire - but he's going to be out there playing the hits to people who havn't been able to see him play in years. Meanwhile we know he's been recording/jamming new works with people so his creativity isn't dead - which means one day we may get more songs along the lines of the songs that brought us all to forums like this in the first place.

Not to get all HTGTH on you, but like to me all these things are good news, I don't live in the USA but I'm pumped for usa fans to experience the band again, and I'm glad to see them active, and I think really this should be a time of anticipation and excitment and celebration - but reading this thread I start to wonder...tour hasn't even started and most people seem to hate the band. I'm not saying they've never done anything wrong, but hey - doesn't hurt to look on the bright side sometimes does it smile

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Show up later and stop being a little bitch!

Give me the option to pay half the ticket price then since if I'm showing up late and will miss the opening acts. The fact you can't comprehend that is a joke.  What you fail to realize is 90% of the people in these buildings don't know how it plays out. You guys act like everyone going to a Gn'R shows knows the ins and outs and spend all their time on a  Gn'R message board. Step out side your online bubble kids.

My advise was directed at you personally!

I doubt very very much that your anger over this is some comba-ya-hippie-go-lucky concern for "90% of the people in these buildings".
To quote the late n' great Bill Hicks: "thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you."
So stop the act, please!

GNR's track record of late starts are well documented. In most cases, local media are even adressing the fact that you will most likely be in for a long wait.

I think that what is really bothering you is simply the fact that Guns N' Roses is about to start rolling again and it's not the Guns N' Roses you want. And this fact is shitting all over your little pipedream. So your disappointment needs an outlet. Which is the case with a few others on this board.

Bono wrote:

In some sad way I hoep this tour gets cancelled and falls apart just so Ican see you guys throw your positive spin on it.  Obvioulsy I'm being sarcastic but seriously.

No surprise to me that you even put this in writing...:rolleyes:

I think most of us "nutswingers" in the "online bubble" are well aware of the fact that this tour could possibly go tits up over the smallest event. Or that every show will likely NOT be sold out.
But focusing on it or hoping for it, even in the slightest, is not healthy!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

Has anybody ever told you that your way to communicate is a bit of a put off to the majority of people you are addressing? You can get your point across without bludgeoning the other person to death. Honestly, every post you have is a rambling diatribe attacking then pulling back then attacking then pulling back ...such passive/aggressive behavior with those that don't see the world EXACTLY as you do. I agree with a lot of what you say but find your way of communicating to be completely offensive to any intelligent person. Just make your point in a respectful manner and be done with it.

Well I guess there's being a  blunt asshole(me) and theres pretentious condescending assholes(naltav). Whatever. At least I'm not hiding behind some bullshit online persona. there's a lot of phonies on here who graviate towards what they percive as "negative" commentss and feel the need to point them out as negative when the "usual suspects" don't look at them as negative comments simply real comments but nope it can't be real unless it's glorifying Axl Rose. Maybe if guys weren't so damn condescending and pretentious in how they label others comments the harshness of it all would recede. I mean when you state something and some clown comes in calling you a  "usual suspect" and telling you what you think and why you think it, well those guys can fuck right off.  especially when those same guys refuse to knowledge "positive" comments. They see something that they percieve as negative and have to amplify it.  I could say "Axl is such a  douchebag for coming on stage at 11:45pm. It ruins the vibe of the night and by the time they played PC the arena was half empty cause it's just to late and people started leaving. Having said that he sounded amazing and it was an awesome show"   I could say that and in fact have but guys like russtcb and naltav will zone in on the the "negative" part which is nothing but the truth and bitch at me saying "you know this so why'd you show up early and blah blah blah always looking for something to complain about" Not once would they aknowledge the fact I praised the show itself.  I can't stand that shit. It's not about needing everyone to view the world exactly how I do it's about wanting people to accept the fact theres' two sides to things. These guys don't like being labelled nutswingers well then don't cry every time someone doesnt' glorify Axl Rose.

Anyways if people don't like reading my stuff hit the ignore button.

Board footer