You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Possible Tour Setlist! The General, Estranged, Civil War, Atlas+

Axlin16 wrote:

Civil War & Estranged alone would have been in heaven. I would be so fuckin' at that show. Oh man...

I would love to believe this setlist and like James it would be bad ass of Axl to do it, because it would show a desire to move on into the future and have GN'R be relevent and move forward, yet remain respectful to the past, while keeping the setlist diverse.

And for those reasons -- it's gotta be fake. No way Axl would do an amazing SMART setlist like that. He'll play it safe.

Something tells me, unless Axl is gonna do a new album (highly unlikely), there's no reason for him to stray beyond what he played in 2010, other than cutting the CD songs way back and uping the Lies/UYI trx, because he'd be back in America, where CD was modestly received.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think we'll get at least one new one. Axl's never been shy about busting out a new song live. But I won't be shocked if its the same old setlist, either.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Dont know why people  think Axl wouldnt play a few new songs.. Hell he played a bunch of new ones in 2001....... 7 years before the album came out

no reason why he couldn't play a couple more new ones.

U would think he HAS to do something different than the status Quo.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

It's gonna be good how we watch it live and record it

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Gibbo is on to something.

That actually might be the most beneficial thing to come out of this Rock In Rio IV (the real one) performance.

2009 & 2010 have a real lack of quality soundboards, and the quality one that does exist for 2010, is the Reading show with only a few good songs. No full show, with decent quality exists. The Tokyo 2009 soundboard exists with the huge bloated setlist, but the quality is abysmal for a typical soundboard.

Might be nice to hear the 2009-present band for once in pristine quality and for a full show. Especially if Axl decides to give back to Rio again, and do another diverse setlist different from the last, ala Rio II & III.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Yer i recorded red hot chilli peppers the other day when they were streaming it live the quailty was wicked i use a prgram called Internet download manger you can get it free for a month its a must have, cant wait till this gnr concert

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Mannnnnnnn. Is it sad I still get excited over dumb shit like this?

I would KILL for new songs and to hear Civil War! yikes

AtariLegend wrote:
BBA wrote:

on 05 June 2011 - 12:42 PM, said:

According to a personal source of mine (who does have connections):

- Tommy is no longer in the "band". He plans to focus on supporting his new album and Soul Asylum's upcoming ventures

- There are some conflicts with Nu GNR's upcoming schedule and Richard's commitments with Thin Lizzy. According to my source, if it's one or the other, Richard will continue with Thin Lizzy.

- As I reported several months back, BBF was let go mid-January. I don't know the specifics, but he was re-instated as a paid employee sometime between then and now. However, there are currently ongoing discussions between BBF and the camp. He wants more money and Axl won't return his calls.

My source has heard chatter that Izzy and Duff were mentioned as replacements for Rio if these issues are not resolved.

Keep your fingers crossed. I know I am.

Breaking news !!!  I missed from the source material at Manets link.

Then there's Manets his/her self who was considered a troll even by MYGNR standards with the amount of random fake rumours he started/posted last time as I recall.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

yer right 14

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

To Whom It May Concern,

Please take KOHD out back and shoot it in the head.

Respectfully,
me

Board footer