You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: CD no longer listed at Best Buy

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It's the only drink coaster that spent over $14 million dollars in production.

that 14 million includes what is still in the vault which is arguably a lot more material.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Dude, are you serious? Weird? Really?

It took Best Buy 3 years to get rid of there's, you think Wal-Mart is gonna purposely go out and get copies of CD to stick in front of GNR's Greatest Hits?

I guess it's different over here. Like here there was no exclusive deal and the album was just availiable for sale with the rest of the GNR catalogue. Most of our music stores are the one chain over here...but if you go into them and look then it's normal to see CD, AFD, UYI and Lies and so on just all together.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its the same in canda monkeychow...every major store that sells cds has copies of each gnr album on the shelves

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

Here in Australia the album is for sale at all the big music stores. Like monkeychow said, it's on the shelf alongside the other Guns releases.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

its the same in canda monkeychow...every major store that sells cds has copies of each gnr album on the shelves

The thing is, with the decline of independent record stores and the rise of big box stores being the "music stores" now, even the music of particular artists are increasingly getting more streamlined.

Obviously a place like Best Buy carries discog's. Last time I was in one, they had all GN'R albums for sale, plus CD, and also the infamous 'one disc' UYI release. Everything. Including that Hollywood Rose thingy.

But places like Wal-Mart, Target, it's getting rarer. Every so often i'll see a copy of AFD, but most of the time it's over-stock of GH. I never ever see Lies, UYI I or II, TSI, Live Era, and especially CD.

Board footer