You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Game over man: Facebook to "lock in" users for life

Axlin16 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I'm saying you guys see it as a problem.. but no one around my age cares. Our generation will have a different experience than yours, and I'm sure the generation after mine will have a different experience than mine.

That was kinda my point from the very beginning.

Facebook will eventually be replaced by something even more technology-driven narcissist later on.

I just don't like where it's headed. And that's all me. It might have a dangerous effect, it might not. But I don't like what it's created and what it's moving towards at all.

It's something I want no part of. And that's just my decision on it. I have no doubt at all, just like the sun will rise tomorrow, that I will eventually be forced out. I will become so obsolete that I will become "the problem", and when that happens i'll have to excuse myself from the room in some way, even if it's me becoming apart of a social society that has rebelled against it, as a throwback. Think Amish, but for late 20th-century people.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Game over man: Facebook to "lock in" users for life

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

As a 22 year old perhaps you're too young to realize that yes facebook has destroyed social relationships the way many of us have described.... just saying haha.

Agreed.  Most of my generation will never see how much of a detrimental effect Facebook, texting, twitter and all that has had on social relations, because it's targeted towards this generation and most people see only good with it. 

And we haven't even started to go into the privacy concerns regarding all of this.  Anything you type never goes away.

Board footer