You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Next on the list: Uganda

Axlin16 wrote:

War for oil

Where's the oil?

jppgnr
 Rep: 18 

jppgnr wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

War for oil

Where's the oil?

My bad, i forgot you where there to free Iraq.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I forgot that Iraq was sunshine and daisies and pixie dust for 40 years before we were there.

My bad. It was Saddam Hussein that was Gandhi.

jppgnr

jppgnr wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I forgot that Iraq was sunshine and daisies and pixie dust for 40 years before we were there.

No, it wasnt sunshine and daisies and pixie dust, but it wasnt the shithole that currently is. They had a beautiful country, clean water, electricity and no civil war(given, cause saddam was squashing them), now they've got all of those things.

I never said Saddam was Gandhi, but maybe the US tought he was of some good when the CIA helped him get to power and backed him up for decades with money and guns even though you knew he was murdering communist arabs, and kurds(with your guns), or maybe cause they where communist they dont count?

So of all the countries in the fucking world its a shame that the US is the one that goes there under the pretext of freeing the iraqui people.

This aint personal, i've got nothing against you or americans, i dont hate you, but dont give me that crap that you where there to free Iraq.

Saddam hussein was a mass murderer, no arguing that, but just remember who put him there.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

:love:The US needs to gtfo of other countries business.

Ron Paul 2012.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:

100 troops hardly equals hegemony. C'mon now...get real.

These conflicts usually start with advisers, CIA, special ops and there's no way in hell it stays at that low number. How you gonna find a needle in that hellish haystack with 100 people? You're not, and those on the ground aren't there to get him. Like Afghanistan, they are on the ground to get intelligence and god knows what else before the REAL mission starts.

What I'd like to know is.....how do you pick a country in Africa to intervene in due to atrocities? Did Obama spin the wheel and it landed on Uganda? Other than South Africa and maybe Morocco, you could make a case to intervene in every country on that continent using the litmus test for Ugandan intervention.

Oh and Bush "felt" he had cause for is actions? C'mon, you dont go to war cause you feel you have a cause, you go to fuckin war as a last resource and with a real cause

Whether people agree or disagree with the Iraq war, Bush had every right to go in there. They had been in violation of many UN resolutions since the 91 Gulf War ended. That doesn't mean he should have but he knew he could. When Bush talks about going down in history books as a better president than how he is currently thought of, he's referring to his foreign policy decisions.

Call me when the people dead by Obama's actions reach that number.

That's not how it works. Obama continues down the path of the Bush Doctrine and the daily death toll in the countries we are at war with doesn't make one the devil and the other a saint.

jppgnr

jppgnr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Oh and Bush "felt" he had cause for is actions? C'mon, you dont go to war cause you feel you have a cause, you go to fuckin war as a last resource and with a real cause

Whether people agree or disagree with the Iraq war, Bush had every right to go in there. They had been in violation of many UN resolutions since the 91 Gulf War ended. That doesn't mean he should have but he knew he could. When Bush talks about going down in history books as a better president than how he is currently thought of, he's referring to his foreign policy decisions.

Call me when the people dead by Obama's actions reach that number.

That's not how it works. Obama continues down the path of the Bush Doctrine and the daily death toll in the countries we are at war with doesn't make one the devil and the other a saint.

Bush didnt have every right to go to war with Iraq, cause if UN violations are reason to go to war, id like to ask, in the name of my country Argentina, the US help to invade Great Britain or bomb the shit out of them so they give us back the Falklands(Islas Malvinas).

Thats no reason, give me a break, cause if that were to be a good reason you should think of invading Israel, Marocco, Indonesia, Turkey...

Its either all or none. Why be selective?

And about the bit of the Bush Doctrine, i dont think its only a Bush thing, its more of a US Doctrine, cause you've been fucking with  other countries sovereign affairs for almost a century now.

The only diference between Dem or Rep are domestic policies, outside the US, it doesnt really mather, they most likely end up fucking the poor of the world so that you can continue to live your cheap lives.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the
strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Iraq happened because Reagan and Daddy couldn't fathom why the Iranians were so upset with America after CIA overhtrew their republic, so they made a deal with Saddam, another CIA creation, to start a war for them. As if that wasn't enough, in order to maximize the sale of arms and chemical weapons they induced a stalemate in the conflict by supplying Iran with weapons too through criminals in South America. That little incident itself lead to a crack epidemic in america and an assassinated prime minister in Scandinavia. Hell, I think they capped a guy in Italy too around then.

Then, when the war had waged for a decade they decided to fuck Saddam financially so they could get him to conceed more resources. Problem was Saddam was no push over so it took them 2 wars, 500.000 dead children through sanctions and a cool million civilians in the current war. All because Exxon wanted to rob Iran instead of paying them the full rate 60 years ago.

If that isn't fucked up and in need of a TOTAL makeover I don't know what is.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
jppgnr wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No, it wasnt sunshine and daisies and pixie dust, but it wasnt the shithole that currently is. They had a beautiful country, clean water, electricity and no civil war(given, cause saddam was squashing them), now they've got all of those things.

I never said Saddam was Gandhi, but maybe the US tought he was of some good when the CIA helped him get to power and backed him up for decades with money and guns even though you knew he was murdering communist arabs, and kurds(with your guns), or maybe cause they where communist they dont count?

So of all the countries in the fucking world its a shame that the US is the one that goes there under the pretext of freeing the iraqui people.

This aint personal, i've got nothing against you or americans, i dont hate you, but dont give me that crap that you where there to free Iraq.

Saddam hussein was a mass murderer, no arguing that, but just remember who put him there.

I don't disagree with any of that.

I just don't like the attitude of, not that you said this, but for hippies it's popular - "Iraq was a beautiful place before we were there". We turned it into a shithole.

It was always a shithole.

I've actually talked with Iraqis, and none of them said that the U.S. destroyed the country. They said Saddam destroyed the country. Similar to Cuba before Castro, they all stated before Saddam started draining the lakes and destroying the natural resources of the country how beautiful the place was.

If America was guilty of anything, it was Lord Reagan backing him to take on Iran back in the 80s.

-Jack- wrote:

:love:The US needs to gtfo of other countries business.

Ron Paul 2012.

Just based on financial reasons alone, I completely and totally agree with this. The current American system was never designed to carry on an International model for this long.

There's a reason back in the early 1900s and before, we were isolationist. It's not so much "changing technologies and political climate in the world", as much it was the capitalists saw new ways to make more and more money with new transportation methods.

And it fucked us in ass. We also made ALOT of money. Double-edged sword.

jppgnr

jppgnr wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
jppgnr wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't disagree with any of that.

I just don't like the attitude of, not that you said this, but for hippies it's popular - "Iraq was a beautiful place before we were there". We turned it into a shithole.

It was always a shithole.

I've actually talked with Iraqis, and none of them said that the U.S. destroyed the country. They said Saddam destroyed the country. Similar to Cuba before Castro, they all stated before Saddam started draining the lakes and destroying the natural resources of the country how beautiful the place was.

If America was guilty of anything, it was Lord Reagan backing him to take on Iran back in the 80s.

Fine, we're on the same page.

The only thing that bothers me its the cuba/iraq being a shithole, i guess it depends on what you call a shithole.

I know for a fact that cuba isnt a shithole, its a beatiful place, and if its getting any worse its because US economical sanctions and embargo's.

Board footer