You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Jonathan M. Heller and BG&C

Von wrote:

If you like David Bowie, The Doors, Guns N' Roses, Nine Inch Nails, The Rolling Stones, Scott Weiland, Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver ...

BROKEN GLASS & CIGARETTES
7af4d072.jpg

01. Two Fifty-Seven
02. Romancing the Stoned
03. Moondust in the Court of the Disco King
04. Electric Cigarette
05. Dance with Domino ['Moondust in the Court of the Disco King' Demo]
06. Winona Ryder [Demo]
07. Electric Cigarette [Radio Edit]

Conceived and arranged by Jonathan M. Heller
Produced by Cody Bingham, Mike Cybulski, and Jonathan M. Heller
Mixed by Mike Cybulski

All music and lyrics by Bingham/Heller except tracks 1 (one) by Cybulski/Heller and 2 (two) by Eaton/Heller

© 2011 Jonathan M. Heller

###

TWO FIFTY-SEVEN

ROMANCING THE STONED

MOONDUST IN THE COURT OF THE DISCO KING

ELECTRIC CIGARETTE

DANCE WITH DOMINO ['MOONDUST IN THE COURT OF THE DISCO KING' DEMO]

WINONA RYDER [DEMO]

ELECTRIC CIGARETTE [RADIO EDIT]

Jonathan M. Heller: vocals
Cody Bingham: drums
Mike Cybulski: bass
Rob Eaton: guitars
Jennifer Martin: keyboards
Sean Fortune: live bass

http://soundcloud.com/brokenglassandcigarettes
http://www.youtube.com/user/JMHellerTV

AVAILABLE NOW

Von

Von wrote:

First radio single is track 4 (four), "Electric Cigarette," with a digital single forthcoming. Currently putting the finishing touches on a music video for the radio edit to that one, as well as a live/promo video the band shot for track 3 (three), "Moondust in the Court of the Disco King." Stay tuned!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i listened to the single

not bad...so which instrument are u?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I reviewed most of this awhile back when it was previewed, and I still LOVE the instrumentation (not a slam on the vocals).

I just really dig that ambient/electonic stuff going on in here, real 80's-Carpenter moments in there.

Really like the album cover. Colors, vibe - dig it.

Von

Von wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i listened to the single

not bad...so which instrument are u?

Thanks, man. I'm on vocals. As well as founding the band and co-producing the disc, I'm also in charge of BG&C's art direction and design, and handled the conception and arrangement of the album itself. I also write all lyrics and co-write all music/melodies.

Next single up to bat is "Moondust in the Court of the Disco King," my favorite track. Ch-check it out!

Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah I reviewed most of this awhile back when it was previewed, and I still LOVE the instrumentation (not a slam on the vocals).

I just really dig that ambient/electonic stuff going on in here, real 80's-Carpenter moments in there.

Really like the album cover. Colors, vibe - dig it.

I remember that review, man, and I've always appreciated your support of my music, even in the preview stages. I pushed really hard for that specific kind of Carpenter synth sound, and I'm glad as hell somebody picked up on it. My fiancée is a stage actress and easily stepped into the role of the band's keyboardist, both live and in the studio. So, that credit belongs to her. I suspect we were on a very Carpenter/Cronenberg heavy diet at the time.

And thanks for the compliments on the cover art. After a lot of stops and starts with a couple folks I'd tried to commission to help out on that end, I ultimately just handled all of the artwork by myself. A lot less of a headache that way. Cheers!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Your fiancee did the keys? That's like totally cool. I could listen to that Carpenter-stuff all day. Some of that early 80's stuff, like Escape From New York, Christine, and the more synth-driven scores to Halloween II & III were huge influences on me on what synth should sound like.

Have you ever heard the band Power Glove? They did some scoring for the recent Rutger Hauer film "Hobo With A Shotgun", and did that exact kind of synth work heard in your album.

All of it, yours and there's... really smokin' stuff.

Von

Von wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Your fiancee did the keys? That's like totally cool. I could listen to that Carpenter-stuff all day. Some of that early 80's stuff, like Escape From New York, Christine, and the more synth-driven scores to Halloween II & III were huge influences on me on what synth should sound like.

Have you ever heard the band Power Glove? They did some scoring for the recent Rutger Hauer film "Hobo With A Shotgun", and did that exact kind of synth work heard in your album.

All of it, yours and there's... really smokin' stuff.

Yeah, she is totally cool. It's funny, because I feel like I grew up listening to movie scores and soundtracks in almost equal measure to rock music (or whatever genre). And being the horror fan that I am, I very quickly gravitated towards not only John Carpenter's movies, but the scores that went along with them. "Halloween III" is such an underrated flick and often so overlooked, but the biggest loss is that people are missing out on this phenomenal synth score.

I've heard a lot about "Hobo...," but not a lot about its score. I will definitely seek that one out.

Thanks again, man. Really.

Von

Von wrote:

Just a bump to let you guys know that I've put up links to direct download my band's entire debut album for FREE in high quality mp3 320kbps.

Von

Von wrote:

Thanks for all your positive feedback!

Board footer