You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Detroit Lions Fans Furious About Nickelback Halftime Show

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

That is amazing.  "Is this some sort of ploy to get people to leave their seats during halftime to spend money on alcoholic beverages and concessions?"

Kudos to whoever wrote that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ouch.

These reasons are why bands like Guns N' Roses, despite a re-casting, will always remain popular, at least for the time being. In the last 10-15 years, nobody has really taken the ball from those early 90's rock bands on popularity. It's just not there.

Look at how people turned on Creed. Now it's happened to Nickleback. It'll eventually happen to Shinedown (I actually like them).

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Ouch.

These reasons are why bands like Guns N' Roses, despite a re-casting, will always remain popular, at least for the time being. In the last 10-15 years, nobody has really taken the ball from those early 90's rock bands on popularity. It's just not there.

Look at how people turned on Creed. Now it's happened to Nickleback. It'll eventually happen to Shinedown (I actually like them).

It will happen to Shinedown because they keep releasing the same fucking album over and over.  If they actually explored the realm of music and took risks instead of playing it safe they might actually be good a couple years from now.

I'm calling it now, their next album will be Sound of Madness 2.0 but will be hailed by them as "new and exciting" and "a total departure from our last record."

Fuck off and retire already.  You released your three decent albums, go work at Starbucks.  I'd like extra whip please.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

God damn 14

I agree that there's a certain life cycle with these bands. Even Creed only squeaked out 3 albums before dissolving and even they weren't able to escape persecution. And Creed were enormously popular at one time.

I gotta admit, in some weird way, when I hear Creed on the radio I kinda chuckle a little bit, because it immediately transports me back to high school when you couldn't escape their songs, and I couldn't have fucking hated their guts more.

I remember still being into Alice In Chains at that time whose "new stuff" was Music Bank (they were kaput in those days), but I was still running Tripod, and saying how AIC were the best around and thinking they might fire it up again. Telling everyone how all of these bands were rip offs of AIC & Pearl Jam.

What was I told? *speaks in a dumb jock voice* "Alice In Chains is nothing like Creed. The only people who like Alice In Chains suck cock. Creed's like a million times cooler dude. 'Cause like Creed has timeless songs man. These songs will never go away. They're gonna big even bigger than Pearl Jam too because like they have catchier songs and Pearl Jam and Chains SUCK man"

I remember another guy who was a Godsmack fanatic, telling me how cool they were and me telling him I really liked Alice In Chains, for which he proceeded to tell me "only dick suckers like Alice In Chains. Godsmack blows AIC AWAY! Fuck AIC"

To which I responded, "you know Godsmack is named after an AIC song, because they were big fans... right?" (this was the street story at the time; it was later corrected in 1999/2000 or so)

And I was called, a "goddamned liar, 'cause Godsmack was around before that, and Alice In Chains named their song that to rip off Godsmack, because Godsmack are originals"

Ah music in my high school days. I throughly enjoyed when Live Era came out that I FUCKING CRANKED Jungle live so fuckin' loud in the parking lot after every day when I went to leave that even the cops couldn't hear their radios.

THANK YOU!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The sad part is you know when bands like GN'R die out for good in 20 years time these bands are the only thing that's going to be left.

Nickleback reunion with 2 original members and Staind packing houses. 18

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

To which I responded, "you know Godsmack is named after an AIC song, because they were big fans... right?" (this was the street story at the time; it was later corrected in 1999/2000 or so)

I always hated Godsmack most out of all these bands.  I was out of high school & college for Creed, so didn't entirely feel the "Everyone loves them" aspect, although yes they were popular.  I knew they were shitty & fake, but I just didn't listen or care.  Did like their guitar player though, Mark Tremoti.

As for Nickelback, yeah this petition is great.  I hope it goes thru and works, but it will be funny to hear them get booed also!  Wonder if the network will take that into consideration?!

Board footer