You are not logged in. Please register or login.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Re: Dallas, TX 11/5/2011 Gexa Energy Pavillion

Wow. I don't even......holy crap guys. I have pics, I may not get them up until tomorrow. Anyway. I am at a loss for words right now. If you haven't bought a ticket yet- do it. NOW. If you think you live to far/it's a weeknight/what if blahblahblah, just GO. Holy cow. Tonight? Tonight I watched Guns N Roses. Not Axl and his band, not nuGNR, I saw Guns N freaking Roses. The songs were amazing, Axl was amazing, the whole band was amazing. It sounded new and different and better. It wasn't a cover band, it wasn't them trying to re-create a song from 1986. It was them playing for 2011. I don't know how else to describe it. I wasn't even the least bit nostalgic, no 'if only' moments. The classic songs were still classic but they felt fresh and new, not like I've heard them 100 times already.  And at the end of it all? Axl thanked us for coming, he said he was sorry it took so long, and he will see us real soon. And I believe him. 110%. Amazing amazing amazing. That's all I can say.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Wow that's great. I know you'd been waiting for this. I'm glad it was worth the wait! Congrats. I just know it was awesome.

Did you see Better performed? Is that setlist above correct?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Great stuff, Christina. Sounds like you had a killer time smile

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Axlin, Better was not performed. The setlist above is correct as far as I can tell. Truthfully? I didn't even notice or miss it. There was such a good mix of songs from every album represented tonight. It was just awesome. I've seen them a number of times since the first show back in 2002, and this was just incredible.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

Wow. I don't even......holy crap guys. I have pics, I may not get them up until tomorrow. Anyway. I am at a loss for words right now. If you haven't bought a ticket yet- do it. NOW. If you think you live to far/it's a weeknight/what if blahblahblah, just GO. Holy cow. Tonight? Tonight I watched Guns N Roses. Not Axl and his band, not nuGNR, I saw Guns N freaking Roses. The songs were amazing, Axl was amazing, the whole band was amazing. It sounded new and different and better. It wasn't a cover band, it wasn't them trying to re-create a song from 1986. It was them playing for 2011. I don't know how else to describe it. I wasn't even the least bit nostalgic, no 'if only' moments. The classic songs were still classic but they felt fresh and new, not like I've heard them 100 times already.  And at the end of it all? Axl thanked us for coming, he said he was sorry it took so long, and he will see us real soon. And I believe him. 110%. Amazing amazing amazing. That's all I can say.

Seen your posts and how much you've looked forward to this.

Good to see you had a great gig!  22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

From what I saw, it's still performed well and very rocking, but I kinda miss Robin's guitar and Axl's vocal and both of their passions for the song in 2006.

I just remember their being more fire in their belly in 2006 with it.

But it's still rockin' and it was the song if I remember correctly that Ron & DJ came over and acknowledged that I was singing along. All of them, including Axl seem to really like it when people sing along to the CD songs.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Fucking amazing show.  Anyone who says Axl has lost it or this band isn't worthy is someone who's never been to a show.  They were fucking spot on.  Didn't care for the sword, and I missed not hearing Better, but that shows that they're being fluid in their shows and not just reading from a script.  Amazing, amazing show.  I'll be seeing them again in Jersey at the end of the month, so I can't wait.

On a side note.  Don't be a fucking tourist of life.  enjoy the moment.  far too many fucking people at these shows fixated on their damn phones and cameras for the entire show.  live life, don't record it to view later.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

On a side note.  Don't be a fucking tourist of life.  enjoy the moment.  far too many fucking people at these shows fixated on their damn phones and cameras for the entire show.  live life, don't record it to view later.

I agree. While you're dicking around with that, your missing the moment. And this is not a moment to be missed.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer