You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Duff:SCOTT WEILAND-'I Love That Guy But I Feel Sorry For Him

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … um=twitter
Nicki Gostin of The Huffington Post recently conducted an interview with Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES, DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED). A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

The Huffington Post: What was the hardest thing for you when you were newly sober?

Duff: Number one, the hardest thing to come to grips with was, if you're going to drink, you're going to die and I didn't have sober people around me. I didn't know anything about AA. I'm stubborn and I work hard, so those were the two things I relied on. The first time I went into a supermarket, it was like being on acid ... I was sweating on the verge of a panic attack. I bought cigarettes and BBQ sauce. I guess I just wanted to go into the store and buy something.

The Huffington Post: Why did you decide to go to college?

Duff: Because those first months started to go by, and I did things to fill my time. One of them was that I had all the GUNS N' ROSES financial statements and I tried reading them. Personally, I had made a good amount of dough for a 30-year-old guy, but I didn't know a thing about money. I'm not a dumb guy but I couldn't figure them out. I didn't know the difference between a stock and a bond -- too embarrassed to ask and I didn't trust anybody — so went and enrolled in a course. Now I have a Bachelor's degree in business.

The Huffington Post: And now you have a financial planning company.

Duff: When I started going to business school, I started getting calls from my peers asking for my help. I thought, "Well, there are a lot of people like me who make a bunch of money and just get so scared of it and don't know what to do with it."' I just didn't want to be 60 years old and broke.

*****The Huffington Post: Any chance for a VELVET REVOLVER reunion?

Duff: We'll see. We didn't call it a day. I don't think we'll ever do anything with Scott [Weiland]. I love that guy but I feel sorry for him.**********

Read the entire interview from The Huffington Post.

Lomax wrote:

cock teasing huffingtons bastards

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Clicked the link to read about Duff's take on Weiland, and was left sad & disappointed. Total cock teasing asshats.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's what I expect from Frauline Huffington.

Either way, I think if there is anything to read into this, it's that Duff is referencing all that emotional childish shit Scott talked after leaving.

The fact that Duff decided to share a stage with Axl again, before sharing a stage with Scott again... says it all.

AnitaW17
 Rep: 1 

AnitaW17 wrote:

His Loaded Tour over here was brilliant!!! Great venues too. He was really sound & so were all the band. Quite tall too smile x x

Board footer