You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS to headline Rock On The Range Festival?

Neemo wrote:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS to headline Rock On The Range Festival?
According to HARDDRIVE RADIO the reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will headline the ROCK ON THE RANGE festival. The show in May 17th, 2008 in Columbus, Ohio.

http://metalnews.typepad.com/themetalre … le--1.html

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Cool shit. Not sure what it'll mean for VR. Can't be a good sign of Scott staying in the band.

Well either it's a break for Scott and he will do STP for a while and VR will wait or it's over.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

VR is over. Period.

I wish I had bought tickets to see their upcoming show here. Oh well.

I'll definitely be going to see STP when they come to my area.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

VR is over. Period.

I wish I had bought tickets to see their upcoming show here. Oh well.

I'll definitely be going to see STP when they come to my area.

Next up is Soundgarden, right James?  9  16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well i am still of the opinion that stp will only do a few shows in the summer like Slash stated. I'd bet on a few show locations as well

Detroit, Ohio, San Fran, LA, Florida, Texas, NY, Washington, Boston

just hit some major centres and see how it goes....scott goes back and fulfills any obligations with VR then everyone makes an educated decision on their careers

we'll at least see one more VR tour and one more album IMO 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

So I am assuming that VR is going to honour all existing concert dates?

Are they still coming to Oz this month, last I heard they still were?  I am still thinking about getting a flight to Sydney to catch their 2 shows there (since they aren't playing in fucken Perth), but I really don't wanna outlay the cash unless I'm sure they are coming???

I also wonder what sort of vibe the concert may have when presumably mentally they have probably already broken up as a band, so therefore are just going thru the motions??

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Aussie they are suppose to wrap up all dates that are scheduled before scott takes "A leave of absence" for the STP reunion....and i've read a few reviews and it seems that they are doing pretty great shows so far on this leg

If you go to www.velvetrevolver.com and check out the tour section ... they have fan reviews posted big_smile

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Aussie they are suppose to wrap up all dates that are scheduled before scott takes "A leave of absence" for the STP reunion....and i've read a few reviews and it seems that they are doing pretty great shows so far on this leg

If you go to www.velvetrevolver.com and check out the tour section ... they have fan reviews posted big_smile

Cheers for that, I hadn't seen those brief reviews down the side next to the concert dates.  Mind you I virtually never go to that site.  Since I haven't paid for a membership things like the forum etc on there I can't get into.

I also see no reason to pay for a membership to their fan club - they aren't doing a perth date this time.  Plus when they were touring Contraband in Oz they had a Perth date scheduled (I even had my ticket) but they cancelled it.  So I get jack shit out of paying to join their crappy members club.

But that said, if they do make it down here again (which sounds like they will) I'd still like to see em - might be my last chance.  21

Board footer