You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: December 16, Key Arena- Seattle, WA

faldor wrote:

Thanks for the updates Axlin via Saikin, it appears Tommy's solo spot was changed up a bit last night.  He played "Motivation" off of Village Gorilla Head, not Sonic Reducer.  And another minor correction, according to Jarmo, DJ played Ballad of Death as his solo.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Pretty cool, seems a bit anti climatic though, we're just getting spoiled now I suppose. Doesnt come close to the buzz of that suprise appearance in London. Would be amazing to see though!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Thanks for the updates Axlin via Saikin, it appears Tommy's solo spot was changed up a bit last night.  He played "Motivation" off of Village Gorilla Head, not Sonic Reducer.  And another minor correction, according to Jarmo, DJ played Ballad of Death as his solo.

Yeah I think Saikin said "Sonic Reducer". But the DJ Solo was a guess of mine, as I stated, just based off of the past show.

These days DJ seems to switch it up more, does one show Mi Amor and the other Ballad of Death. I much prefer Ballad of Death.

If Tommy played Motivation, that's pretty friggin' cool that Tommy played a solo song with GN'R.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

'with your ass in the air' is back

duff 11

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Read your comments fellas, this EXACTLY why the fuck I said Duff should stay away... "Man, Duff and Axl look like they should be on stage together", "no offense tommy, but Duff looks perfect with Axl", "man, what a cock tease, how awesome".. yes, its fucking awesome, and unfair to Tommy and the new band. I want Duff back in GNR, Damn Right, but this cheapens any reunion and makes a lot of people miss the old band even more. 

"Man, last nights show was great, especially cause the original GNR bass player opened the show and jammed on stage with Axl, was so fucking awesome, maybe a reunion will be soon, that would be so fucking badass"...

I bet my above quote pretty much sums up 85% of the fans at that show.  Fuck this shit, either fucking reunite, or stay the fuck away. This half assed shit does nothing but hurt the new band and make everyone beg for the old band. 

Just so everyone knows, I want a reunion.  But this isn't the way to do a GNR show if you ask me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Read your comments fellas, this EXACTLY why the fuck I said Duff should stay away... "Man, Duff and Axl look like they should be on stage together", "no offense tommy, but Duff looks perfect with Axl", "man, what a cock tease, how awesome".. yes, its fucking awesome, and unfair to Tommy and the new band. I want Duff back in GNR, Damn Right, but this cheapens any reunion and makes a lot of people miss the old band even more. 

"Man, last nights show was great, especially cause the original GNR bass player opened the show and jammed on stage with Axl, was so fucking awesome, maybe a reunion will be soon, that would be so fucking badass"...

I bet my above quote pretty much sums up 85% of the fans at that show.  Fuck this shit, either fucking reunite, or stay the fuck away. This half assed shit does nothing but hurt the new band and make everyone beg for the old band. 

Just so everyone knows, I want a reunion.  But this isn't the way to do a GNR show if you ask me.

People are going to wish and hope for a reunion regardless.  Why not have a little fun along the way?  I don't think the current lineup is any worse off today than they were before last night.

And call me crazy, but I think they'd survive a ONE night reunion at the RNRHOF as well.

faldor

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
supaplex wrote:

'with your ass in the air' is back

duff 11

Heard that earlier today! 9

I got the "with your ass in the air" version in Hartford, and it was awesome!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I he congratulating himself, or the old band... I don't get it...

He was very modest about it.  Obviously I was on the floor so I couldn't send elaborate updates (and I wanted to enjoy the show).  16

He came out and mentioned that GNR were officially inducted.  He then congratulated and thanked Duff.  And then he congratulated all of the other guys as well.  But he said, really it's a win for all the fans. 

Also, after Jungle he said the song was written in Seattle.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Note, i'm apparently getting these late or just missing them or something, because I just got LALD, and now all of the sudden...

This I Love

Actually, there was a guy trying to fight his way through the crowd to get closer during this song.  He pushed an 18 year old girl out of the way and we almost beat the piss out of the guy.  Ended up sending him to the back of the floor.  So that was the reason for the lateness.

Board footer