You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Name change request

Axlin16 wrote:

With the approaching U.S. election year, as i've been registered here since 2008...

Could I have my username changed to "Axlin12"

Thanks in advance

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^done smile

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Not that it matters but do you just like repping election years in your username?  Why not just Axlin?   12 actually looks better though than 08 which si weird that I'd even notice that haha

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Always wondered what the 08 stood for, but never bothered asking.  I love Axl, but I don't think I'd want him as POTUS. wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

When I originally signed up it was right when the election year was heating up. Obama, McCain, Obama, McCain... I said "why not Axl?"

At the time Chinese Democracy's release was gaining steam, and it just made sense. Obviously the "big roll out in November" was all Obama, and not GN'R, lol.

I never thought about changing it and suddenly realized, DAMN... it's been nearly a WHOLE presidential term. Why not change it from 08 to 12.

My username was always intended as a tribute to the T-shirts and buttons back during the UYI tour that said "Axl & Elvis in '92!"

That's what it's about.

And btw, many thanks to Neemo for the quick changeover.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And also, if anything works less efficiently on the face of the planet than GN'R... it's the U.S. government.

Actually makes GN'R look like a well-oiled machine, lol. 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

So wierd.  Now I get it  "Axl- in-08" For four years I've pronouncing in "Axl-lynn - Oh 8"

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

So wierd.  Now I get it  "Axl- in-08" For four years I've pronouncing in "Axl-lynn - Oh 8"

14 That's awesome.

People always get mine wrong too. It's supposed to be RussTCB. As in "Russ, Takin' Care of Business" which is an Elvis reference. But because I've always just used "russtcb" I've heard people think it's all sorts of wrong things. 16

What, you mean like my sister calling you Rusty Cab?

Board footer