You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: DUFF says he 'Was Reluctant At First' To Open For GN'R

Gibbo wrote:

Slash would kick axls sorry arse. Axls probably saying all this shit about slash to piss him of so when it come to this hall of fame show hes hoping slash want wont to go on stage so axl doesnt look like a pussy

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This all boils down to the same battle that has waged in rock bands for ages.

Vocalists don't understand guitarists contributions and thinks they're replacable

And guitarists don't understand vocalists contributions and thinks they're replaceable.

Nothing new has happened. Look at Slash's old 1993-95 interviews about Axl. He was brutal on Axl and his tastes and what he brought to GN'R, and he was STILL IN the band at that time. Axl never poor mouthed him like that then.

Then years later Axl basically says the reverse of Slash's statements.

Based on Slash's collaborations with NUMEROUS vocalists, and Axl's collaborations with COUNTLESS guitarists...

Neither of them have a high opinion of the "band position" of the other.

jmho

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'm not sure Slash would kick Axl's ass. I've never bought int this hype about Axl being a  tough guy  just because he's crazy but I see a temper in Axl and a willingness to lash out. Slash just seems so laid back it's hard to imagine the guy getting to a point where he'd want to punch someone. Duff would kick both thier asses no questions asked. Maybe thats' what needs to happen. have Duff take a round out of both of them and smarten'em up a bit.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

This all boils down to the same battle that has waged in rock bands for ages.

Vocalists don't understand guitarists contributions and thinks they're replacable

And guitarists don't understand vocalists contributions and thinks they're replaceable.

Nothing new has happened. Look at Slash's old 1993-95 interviews about Axl. He was brutal on Axl and his tastes and what he brought to GN'R, and he was STILL IN the band at that time. Axl never poor mouthed him like that then.

Then years later Axl basically says the reverse of Slash's statements.

Based on Slash's collaborations with NUMEROUS vocalists, and Axl's collaborations with COUNTLESS guitarists...

Neither of them have a high opinion of the "band position" of the other.

jmho

never once heard Slash or Duff or anyone question Axl's actual contributions and I've never gotten the impression at all that Slash felt Axl was replaceable. I think Slash fully realizes you can't replace a talent like that.  Axl on the other ahnd comes off as though he thinks one of the best guitarists of all time is replaceable by just about anyone. fact is nobody can replace Slash.  Axl seems to be the only one who feels Slash was replaceable.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

but if he is plying scales over a chord progression and lyrics arranged by izzy and axl at a prior date the who wrote the song? its all posturing and semantics

SCOM is mostly D,C,G,D, like zillions of songs. Show me any other that reached the same quality, thanks to some creative guitarist, like
Slash.

There is noone. Zillions of people had the chance to get inspired by those simple chords, yet Slash made SCOM, which is sitting next to God himself in the guitar heaven. So Slash wrote it. Before Izzy, zillions 'wrote' that stupid chord progression, Jacks, Johns, Abrahams and Saids. But there was only one Slash to fire this nothing to the stratosphere.

And before madagas comes complaining about the 'too much ass kissing from Slash fans'. Well, EVERY GN'R FAN should kiss his ass as a daily routine. If he weren't in GN'R, none of us would be here.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Axl downplaying Slash's contribution isn't much different from people shitting on Izzy in this thread. Tired of that crap.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

but if he is plying scales over a chord progression and lyrics arranged by izzy and axl at a prior date the who wrote the song? its all posturing and semantics

SCOM is mostly D,C,G,D, like zillions of songs. Show me any other that reached the same quality, thanks to some creative guitarist, like
Slash.

There is noone. Zillions of people had the chance to get inspired by those simple chords, yet Slash made SCOM, which is sitting next to God himself in the guitar heaven. So Slash wrote it. Before Izzy, zillions 'wrote' that stupid chord progression, Jacks, Johns, Abrahams and Saids. But there was only one Slash to fire this nothing to the stratosphere.

And before madagas comes complaining about the 'too much ass kissing from Slash fans'. Well, EVERY GN'R FAN should kiss his ass as a daily routine. If he weren't in GN'R, none of us would be here.

Dude, u may be my fave poster. Fantastic Fucking point. +10000

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Axl downplaying Slash's contribution isn't much different from people shitting on Izzy in this thread. Tired of that crap.

Izzy is awesome.  Epitome of cool.  Izzy's guitar, ESPECIALLY on AFD, is a perfect response to Slash's.  They were on fire that album.  After LIES, they lost that two headed attack.

johndivney wrote:

they lost it cause ur guy was fucked up on heroin . izzy wrote the best TUNES on UYI & MAY have felt more at home in the band had Slash & others respected his sobrity a little more.edit - perfect response to Slash?? WTflyingF?! Slash's parts are the response & reaction to Izzy's rhythm! Izzy is the foundation, don't you get it??

mikkamakka's point disguises the sad truth of this & recent threads - it's NOT that people on this board are crapping on Slash, from what ive seen 100% of us LOVE what he recorded as a GnR member - it's that recently the Slash fans have been CRAPPING on IZZY'S CONTRIBUTION. i dunno why this is, maybe cause they think Izzy's an easy target in which case they're obv morons or cause they're intimidated by Axl's songwriting or what... i just dunno. whatever it is it's as ugly as Axl's slights on Slash. which is again the fanbase reflecting one of the more ugly sides of GnR/Axl....

Izzy 4evr.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'm not sure Slash would kick Axl's ass. I've never bought int this hype about Axl being a  tough guy  just because he's crazy but I see a temper in Axl and a willingness to lash out. Slash just seems so laid back it's hard to imagine the guy getting to a point where he'd want to punch someone. Duff would kick both thier asses no questions asked. Maybe thats' what needs to happen. have Duff take a round out of both of them and smarten'em up a bit.

What do I have to do to help make this happen?

Board footer