You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Hall Of Fame Conspiracy Theory

-D- wrote:

Well, ask yourself this:
Would u still want them to perform if it looked like the VR one night reunion.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The fact that it would be one of the, if not "the" biggest reunion in rock history cannot be over looked. Having that kind of cache is one in a million.

I have to be honest, I think a Guns reunion would be big. Everyone would make alot of money for sure, but biggest reunion in rock history?

I really don't think so, I think a best doing better than modern Metallica attendances for the reunion hype machine with some intial media buzz. I think it's 10 years too late to retake the world by storm. The band was huge, but that time at the stop was short and 20 years ago.

Then there's the fact that Slash never vanished off the face of the earth, he's been playing Guns songs on tours ever since he left and Axl's GNR has been what it is for a decade.

GNR playing in front of 90,000 at a sold out Wembley Stadium, never gonna happen.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Well, ask yourself this:

If it was just for one night, yes.  Especially considering I'll be there to witness it in person.  I've always said though, I wouldn't want them to reunite full scale if their hearts weren't into it.  In other words, just for money.  But yeah, I could handle the awkwardness for one night no problem.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. It'd rather have one awkward moment with hints of coolness or one night, than nothing at all.

Think if your single, and there's this ex-girlfriend you click with again catching up. Just because you end the night fucking, and it's okay, doesn't mean you regret it, and it also doesn't mean you have to marry her.

That's the 2012 GN'R reunion in a nutshell.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axlin12 wrote:

I agree. It'd rather have one awkward moment with hints of coolness or one night, than nothing at all.

Think if your single, and there's this ex-girlfriend you click with again catching up. Just because you end the night fucking, and it's okay, doesn't mean you regret it, and it also doesn't mean you have to marry her.

You… you want to fuck GN'R?

tongue

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Yeah, if Axl is not there, they should play 14 Years with Izzy and It's So Easy with Duff, just for the sake of it. Could be great! 5

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Well, ask yourself this:

Yeah, VR's reunion was pretty uninspired, but I think Axl and Slash on stage again, even on a bad day would still be fucking awesome! 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Here's a hypothetical

What would happen if Axl were to tell the RRHOF that he will perform, but only on the grounds that in addition to the original members, that the new band is also playing at the same time - so like requesting and all star jam session of PC or whatever song with like the 5 oldies and the other 7 new members or whatever.

Would Slash agree to it? And would the hall?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Cos I just can't see Axl back tracking at this point and doing a show as GNR with a line up that's the old GNR.

Could be wrong. But like I just can't see it happening. To me best case would be he agrees to some kind of jam that contains a reunion but with others around too. But a true reunion? Seems unlikely.

Meanwhile would the others play without Axl? Traditionally slash has protected the reunion card - by refusing an Axlless reunion at Adler's birthday bash - but then more recently he's taken to playing the classic GNR hits himself...maybe he's over waiting to patch it up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Well, ask yourself this:

Yes. End of story.

Board footer