You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Thread

Neemo wrote:

i dunno its hard to get excited considering the state of turmoil scott's life is in at the moment...sadly this hype could all come crashign to a halt tomorrow

nugdafied wrote:
Saikin wrote:

What a bitchslap for Matt Sorum huh?

That whole statement about "no one is biding their time for a Stone Temple Pilots reunion" is really going to bite him in the ass when STP get way more success than VR have.  9

It's funny how you act like it's a given. Talk about putting the chicken before the egg. My guess would be that STP could release 5 more albums and they wouldn't sell as much as Contraband did combined. If this STP thing getting back together was such a huge deal, they'd be touring alone, not as part of a festival lineup. And I don't think Matt Sorum will ever have problems finding new gigs. The guy is a monster drummer. But hey, don't let reality get in the way of your VR hating.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I dont care if the next STP album sells 5 copies. If they can get their shit together and tour and even consider the possibility of an album, I'm at the show and will be at the store buying the album.

If the fanbase can handle AFD rehash every few years, then we can handle a dose of STP hash.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i love STP...and Scotty...and VR ...first and foremost i'd like him to get his shit together...all this new VR album and Solo album and STP reunion can come after that....for me that solo disk by scott is more anticipated than the STP reunion

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
Saikin wrote:

That whole statement about "no one is biding their time for a Stone Temple Pilots reunion" is really going to bite him in the ass when STP get way more success than VR have.  9

It's funny how you act like it's a given. Talk about putting the chicken before the egg. My guess would be that STP could release 5 more albums and they wouldn't sell as much as Contraband did combined. If this STP thing getting back together was such a huge deal, they'd be touring alone, not as part of a festival lineup. And I don't think Matt Sorum will ever have problems finding new gigs. The guy is a monster drummer. But hey, don't let reality get in the way of your VR hating.

Oh, okay. 

First of all, record sales don't mean shit anymore.  Second, VR was crafted to be a record selling machine, they died out quickly of course.  I wouldn't want STP to just go out and sell a couple million records.  I want them to pick up where they left off.

Well once you decide to take a look at STP's past, you will realize that the 4 of those guys had more chemistry and talent than VR did.  You remove one piece of the puzzle and it's never the same, such can be proved with VR.   

Eric Kretz has more talent than Matt Sorum period.

STP hadn't hit their hight point yet- THAT is fact.  SLDD has just the tip of the iceberg of what was to come.  All In the Suit That You Wear was just the tip of the iceberg.  Had they made that album, it would have been a monster.

You seem to miss that GNR did festivals and MTV to get themselves back in the spotlight...

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Outside of Slither I haven't heard anything by VR that I like as much as STP.  Although Scott did nothing for me in VR he is fucking great in STP!  All In The Suit You Wear is great stuff.  I can't say I like every STP album as much as Core and Purple but I can say that even my least favorite STP album destroys either album by VR.  On with STP...back to the music.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Personally i think that Tiny Music is their defining album. and Core is a close second, but it was treading perilously close to Grunge and Tiny music finally took them away from that stereo type...my least fav album is #4 and i think that that ablum actually hurt SLDD cuz the album sales for SLDD were way down from #4

I think for #4 they tried to go back to COre and Purple, but since they had moved past that phase of their career's it really didnt work well...and scott was coming off his prison time and his solo disk and the DeLeo's were still in the Talk show phase...No #4 is the weak point for me...though SLDD is an upswing from that...but i think that SLDD was more for the fans than for mainstream success...they made that jsut to make an album, they didnt have anythign to prove anymore

anway some of youknow that Wonderful from Shangri-La Dee Da was the song my wife and i used for our wedding dance...it a good tune y'all should check it out if ya dont know it 22

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I suppose if there's any good news to cheer me up a little from the "Scott-just-fucked-over-the-Aussie-VR-fans", then STP getting back together might be it.

nugdafied wrote:
Saikin wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Oh, okay. 

First of all, record sales don't mean shit anymore.  Second, VR was crafted to be a record selling machine, they died out quickly of course.  I wouldn't want STP to just go out and sell a couple million records.  I want them to pick up where they left off.

Well once you decide to take a look at STP's past, you will realize that the 4 of those guys had more chemistry and talent than VR did.  You remove one piece of the puzzle and it's never the same, such can be proved with VR.   

Eric Kretz has more talent than Matt Sorum period.

STP hadn't hit their hight point yet- THAT is fact.  SLDD has just the tip of the iceberg of what was to come.  All In the Suit That You Wear was just the tip of the iceberg.  Had they made that album, it would have been a monster.

You seem to miss that GNR did festivals and MTV to get themselves back in the spotlight...

-You're the one who said this go round for STP will be much more successful than VR has been. VR sold millions of records, successfully toured the entire world, won a grammy, proved that all these guys were still important musicians, etc....Yet know you don't care how well STP sells & want them to pick up were they left off. They left off fist fighting & being strung out.

-Who ever compared Sorum and Kretz? Their obviously both great drummers.

-I'm pretty sure STP hit their highpoint back in the mid-nineties.

-FakeGnR has twice tried to tour America on their own and both times have been failures, while only getting a small bit of spotlight for Axl being a goofball. You don't see seminal American bands like VH starting off on the festival circuit, because they can make waaaay more money selling out arenas on their own. STP is not in VH's class, not to say STP isn't a great band in their own right.

-Back in the real world, Scott Weiland is now a chain smoking 40 year old in rehab yet again. He's now drug down two great bands due to his habits, so the odds are definitely stacked against him attaing the success he had in his mid 20's and 30's. More power to him if he does it. I'm always down with some more great rock music coming out. But Weiland just needs to get himself straightened out yet again, as it sounds like he's been in bad shape on this last VR tour. Can he really top his previous success after going through all this again, while not getting any younger? Time will tell.

Board footer