You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Facebook "defriending" leads to double murder

James wrote:

As we move further along technologically & the net evolves & becomes an even bigger part of society, there needs to be a national debate on the issue. Mankind is obsessed with Facebook & the average person cant look away from their phone for a few seconds

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

what about the obne where the mom beat her baby to death cuz it cried during a Farmville game

its crazy how obsessed people get over facebook

never joined doubt i ever will

And again though it has NOTHING to do with facebook and everything to do with people being pieces of shit.

no i know that....and oviously these are extreme cases ... but normal peopel do get obsessed with facebook as well

like updating facebook when you are on your mobile and your freinds are sitting right next to you and have to read facebook to know what you are doing 16

its like we have all these social networks yet somehow peopel are slowly fortetting how to socialize 18

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As we move further along technologically & the net evolves & becomes an even bigger part of society, there needs to be a national debate on the issue. Mankind is obsessed with Facebook & the average person cant look away from their phone for a few seconds

Exactly. People that are assuming the Facebook obsession didn't have some sort of impact here, are in denial or jaded themselves.

Human emotion is evolving, and evolving to a point with defriending someone is "a step too far".

That is HUGE ramifications to the human experience in the present day. And like you said, people seem to live in their phones these days. They freak out if they go too long without it.

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

what about the obne where the mom beat her baby to death cuz it cried during a Farmville game

its crazy how obsessed people get over facebook

never joined doubt i ever will

And again though it has NOTHING to do with facebook and everything to do with people being pieces of shit.

no i know that....and oviously these are extreme cases ... but normal peopel do get obsessed with facebook as well

like updating facebook when you are on your mobile and your freinds are sitting right next to you and have to read facebook to know what you are doing 16

its like we have all these social networks yet somehow peopel are slowly fortetting how to socialize 18

Totally agree. It's a real problem with the next generation.

But in August I hung out with this 19-year old kid (and I suddenly discovered how old I was), and anyways so we're hanging out in the dorms and this girl and her friends he knows are over across the place, and she's talking up to him all on Facebook.

So we head over there. Knock knock.

She opens the door, and no shit... completely ignores him, won't talk to him, won't let him in, and acts as if he's bothering her.

We get pissed and walk all the way back to the dorm room, and we didn't get three steps in, and she's talking constantly to him again on Facebook.

That's when I checked out. Either the new generation is losing their grasp on how to socialize or i'm too old. I firmly do not get it. We were RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER, and she had nothing to say. Get on the phone, yap yap yap all fuckin' night, no problem.

She's not the first person i've seen do that.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Believe me I see the problem you guys are talking about but there's nothing jaded about my opinion. I've seen enough comments in here form numerous people over the last few years bitching about others on facebook and it's only used by people who need to feed their ego. BULL FUCKING SHIT! Comments like that make me wonder who's actually the jaded ones.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its like i always say. Terminator 2 was correct. the machines have taken over.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

Believe me I see the problem you guys are talking about but there's nothing jaded about my opinion. I've seen enough comments in here form numerous people over the last few years bitching about others on facebook and it's only used by people who need to feed their ego. BULL FUCKING SHIT! Comments like that make me wonder who's actually the jaded ones.

i know people who actually use facebook to only talk to peopel they dont regualrily see as well..and if they see you on any kind of regular basis then they wont freind you on facebook...thats ok i suppose

but i also know people who dont talk to you at all then someone tells you that so an so was around...how come you didint come out? i didnt know...well it was on facebook...

i also know peopel who only commmucate via facebook...

its fucked up...and when peopel get that involved in something then there is bound to be someone who snaps

i dunno maybe i am jaded about the whole thing...or maybe i just dont care to be bothered with it...if you want to know what i've been up to then pick up the damn phone or send me an email...i've had the same email address since 1997 and ive had the same phone number since 2001

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

well, same with texts... shit, since i started texting.. there are some friends, i havent heard their voices in years...... Which is a mindfuck when i think about it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

i know people who actually use facebook to only talk to peopel they dont regualrily see as well..and if they see you on any kind of regular basis then they wont freind you on facebook...thats ok i suppose

but i also know people who dont talk to you at all then someone tells you that so an so was around...how come you didint come out? i didnt know...well it was on facebook...

i also know peopel who only commmucate via facebook...

its fucked up...and when peopel get that involved in something then there is bound to be someone who snaps

i dunno maybe i am jaded about the whole thing...or maybe i just dont care to be bothered with it...if you want to know what i've been up to then pick up the damn phone or send me an email...i've had the same email address since 1997 and ive had the same phone number since 2001

Amen

Post of the year contender (yes I am totally serious)

PaoloHP
 Rep: 0 

PaoloHP wrote:

There are friends and then there are Facebook friends. A brand new study states that "defriending" on the social networking site is becoming rampant, along with removing posts and untagging images. Read further: http://www.newsytype.com/14799-facebook-defriending/

I have facebook account and if one of your friends removed you on his list of friends you won't get a notification on it. But you won't be able to view the profile of that person. I guess the issue about defriending is insignificant. Cyber bullying is much worse for me but this defriending that resulted to murder is unbelievable! The cause of the crime is too shallow!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly. People are undervaluing the psychological impact that basically "blocking the phone number", of a former Facebook friend. Facebook has become bigger than internet/message board bullshit. It's real life for almost everyone these days, and they take it seriously as such, but because IT IS the internet, people's reactions are raw emotion, unlike the "representatives" we all send out into the world everyday that PRETEND for society, rather than tell them what we really feel.

No one can convince me, when a person close to you defriends you on Facebook, that your instant first emotion is to want to kill the mother fucker. Extreme I know, but for SOME people (not Most) that emotion doesn't pass. It festers, and consumes you.

Board footer