You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Yeah I love the Chicago '92 performance of it too. Bono's a big fan too, and I believe Buzzsaw was at this show -- but doesn't remember. 16

Yeah good show they were into it and the drugs 16
be good if it was better quailty

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Chicago '92 is a classic GN'R show.

So many things.

-Show opens with one of the better Nightrain performances in band history

-Axl cuts the biggest tirade/rant of his career on his family as an intro to Live and Let Die

-Features a rare, High Quality spot-on pro-shot performance of "Coma"

-The mix features a rare vocal flub that features Shannon Hoon's vocals almost dominate with Axl backing in a solid Don't Cry performance

-Axl has a couple more memorable rants on "the cool crowd" and Spin Magazine

-Move To The City is one of the better 1992 performances of the song

-Final tally: A pro-shot GN'R show featuring November Rain, Coma & Estranged in the same show

Chicago '92 is a great show at the height of the band's popularity. Always felt that way. Too bad Paradise City is cut off after the first minute at the end, leaves it feeling incomplete.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Chicago '92 is a great show at the height of the band's popularity. Always felt that way. Too bad Paradise City is cut off after the first minute at the end, leaves it feeling incomplete.

Perhaps a better metaphor for their career in general then (feeling incomplete)

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
DCK wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

That's not Guns N' Roses.

Jesus Christ man, can't you read??

Yes I can read. If you agreed it wasn't GN'R, why the hell post it in this thread? 16

Hey smart guy, read the first post of the thread.

Go ahead and post some fucking Snakepit then, if you think it's so damn cool. Who cares. It's just a tribute.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The song that got me into Guns N' Roses:

Someone's already posted KOHD from the Freddie Mercury Tribute, so here's Paradise City:

Such a damn shame that SCOM was cut from that gig for timing reasons. Really, they couldn't lose Zucchero?

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Cool that from my channel ^

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Yeah I love the Chicago '92 performance of it too. Bono's a big fan too, and I believe Buzzsaw was at this show -- but doesn't remember. 16

I got caught up in the emotional reaction to being at a concert like everybody else.  It was such an awesome experience, but I struggle to remember the details because it was all so overwhelming.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That's a very cool story. It's alot better to be emotionally overwhelmed, than to be substance-ally overwhelmed.

I didn't really understand it until Orlando 2011 when I saw people just in this seemingly euphoric state, not on dope, but just to see Axl again and be that close was something they needed a moment for. I'm looking at grown men kinda tearing up with their hands in the air.

I think it was just melancholy. They were probably remember moments from their youth and GN'R.

DCK wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Jesus Christ man, can't you read??

Yes I can read. If you agreed it wasn't GN'R, why the hell post it in this thread? 16

Hey smart guy, read the first post of the thread.

Go ahead and post some fucking Snakepit then, if you think it's so damn cool. Who cares. It's just a tribute.

I think last night alot of people just got emotionally caught up in the whole thing, and felt "for once can someone throw a fucking bone to the old Gunners, and let this BE about the old Gunners like it is at the Hall".

I don't think any disrespect was intended from any party involved.

Life is about timing, and promoting 2001 & 2006 videos of Guns N' Roses on the night Guns N' Roses gets inducted into the Hall of Fame, regardless of ID's disclaimer... BAD timing. Probably the worst timing for new GN'R videos in the history of the fucking thing. 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Does anybody LIKE this song? I was never a fan, BUT this performance is the closest to BAD ASS that i've seen/heard.

Total fuckin' garage band moment

Sky Dog wrote:

I love that song...wish it was on AFD instead of Anything Goes.

Board footer