You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

otto wrote:

Slash interacted with Adler for the most.

I think waters under the Velvet Revolver bridge are pretty messed up, so the interactions between him, Matt and Duff were limited to the minimum.

And it's impossible not to think what their heads were processing at the moment, being there without Axl and Izzy, should taste like cold coffee.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So...now that it's been a while and I've seen the clips confirming what I thought I saw...

Maybe I'm being over-sensitive to it, but it seems like Slash pretty much kept to himself on stage when he's playing like he does with his solo act.  There wasn't much interaction between him and anybody else.

Agreed... I mean, I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but maybe even just acknowledging Adler's presence would have been kinda cool...

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash just looks and sounds like a total fucking badass in those clips!

man crush? Jesus....it isn't really that special. The induction and speeches were nice but the performance. Meh.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash just looks and sounds like a total fucking badass in those clips!

man crush? Jesus....it isn't really that special. The induction and speeches were nice but the performance. Meh.

You have really high standards.

It's pure Guns N' Roses music wise, something that's been missing since 1993.

Sky Dog wrote:

no, pure Gnr is Axl and Izzy on stage with Slash and Duff and whatever vegetable you put on the drum kit. Gilby and the bitch singing plus the poodles on drums don't do it for me. It's alright but no where near "pure" Gnr music wise....that ended in November 1991.

The same way Axl and his orchestra aren't pure Gnr for you.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree with Sky Dog. I don't see "bad ass". I see "stock".

The lack of interaction between Slash and the rest shows tensions with VR were/are FAR more strained than we ever gave it credit, and I still don't think it's a total coincidence that Duff suddenly started buddying up with Axl during that period.

Slash & Duff don't act the same with each other anymore. It's obvious. You wonder if the ship has sailed with them, and Slash is gonna stick with his solo thing forever, has he's made VERY clear.

Sweet Child was pretty good, and I only say that because Axl has fucking sucked on it since 2001. I'd rather have the Myles, Slash, Gilby, Duff & Steven SCOM, than the new Axl one. I'll give that, but "greatness" it ain't.

Chili Peppers shut the place down. That was the show.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Also, to add fuel to the fire:

The comments Slash made regarding Matt (and Dizzy) regarding their induction was offensive and trying to discredit them and I THINK is why Matt Sorum spoke about how he had a career before, in The Cult, and mentioned that Slash and Duff chose him.

That stage was not a friendly environment.

Now add Axl there.. It was gonna blow out of proportions.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'm still blown.away that Slash dissed Matt like that- right or wrong. He's kept his mouth shut on sensitive stuff befofe. Between that and the new non VR news, it seems.more likely that he's solo for the long haul. To bad for me. I love his playing but the majority of his solo stuff does.nothing for me.

Sky Dog wrote:

I will say I thought the band nailed the outro to Paradise City. If you take Myles out on the outro it is pretty badass. Loose, bluesy, fast....Slash at his best. Steven groovin and Duff layin down the anchor.

Sky Dog wrote:
smoke wrote:

I'm still blown.away that Slash dissed Matt like that- right or wrong. He's kept his mouth shut on sensitive stuff befofe. Between that and the new non VR news, it seems.more likely that he's solo for the long haul. To bad for me. I love his playing but the majority of his solo stuff does.nothing for me.

You can't ever tell how accurate those quotes are....could be taken slightly out of context.

Board footer