You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

The majority of the fans got the hits. The hardcores got new songs. I'd be willing to bet hardly any Russian fan, if any, walked away disappointed.

I'm sure that most of the fans who attended both (or all the three) nights were EXTREMELY disappointed. They'll never do this again, for sure, they've learnt their lesson: Axl doesn't give a flying f about his fans.

When some years ago Tori Amos, my other favourite artist toured, she played 4 or 5 'sets'. This meant that half of the show was stable, let's say Set1, Set2 etc., and she rotated other songs in the remaining half. She played more than 100 songs during the tour, so she did work for his fans' pleasure. Anyway, when she came to Vienna, she played let's say Set1. I was there enjoyed the show. A few weeks later she came to Budapest, and I went so see her again. Set1 again. It was a bummer. Did I enjoy the show? Yes. She was even better than in Vienna. But I was disappointed that I got half the same show in the neighbour country.

I know that people don't expect this much when it comes to GN'R. But I think you do expect them to change more than 1 song, if they play 2 shows in the same city in 24 hours. If you don't, then you either not a fan, or you are so much of an Axl Rose fan that it'd be enough for you to only see him sleeping on stage and you'd be happy. Sorry, but as a fan, I have expectations from my favourites and I'm not their zealot slave who hails all the bones that thrown.

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Another interesting fact: group has arrived to Moscow in 2 days before first show, but Alx just in couple of hours before on the private jet. And he drive directly to the hall where took part in the sound check and then sleep 3 hours behind the stage.

I could imagine what delay could be if Alx would prefer to have a rest in the hotel, not in the hall

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

The majority of the fans got the hits. The hardcores got new songs. I'd be willing to bet hardly any Russian fan, if any, walked away disappointed.

I'm sure that most of the fans who attended both (or all the three) nights were EXTREMELY disappointed. They'll never do this again, for sure, they've learnt their lesson: Axl doesn't give a flying f about his fans.

When some years ago Tori Amos, my other favourite artist toured, she played 4 or 5 'sets'. This meant that half of the show was stable, let's say Set1, Set2 etc., and she rotated other songs in the remaining half. She played more than 100 songs during the tour, so she did work for his fans' pleasure. Anyway, when she came to Vienna, she played let's say Set1. I was there enjoyed the show. A few weeks later she came to Budapest, and I went so see her again. Set1 again. It was a bummer. Did I enjoy the show? Yes. She was even better than in Vienna. But I was disappointed that I got half the same show in the neighbour country.

I know that people don't expect this much when it comes to GN'R. But I think you do expect them to change more than 1 song, if they play 2 shows in the same city in 24 hours. If you don't, then you either not a fan, or you are so much of an Axl Rose fan that it'd be enough for you to only see him sleeping on stage and you'd be happy. Sorry, but as a fan, I have expectations from my favourites and I'm not their zealot slave who hails all the bones that thrown.

Okay, you can go ahead and put me back on your ignore list. Holy shit....

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Okay, you can go ahead and put me back on your ignore list. Holy shit....

That was funny as hell, ID 16  That was basically my reaction 14

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

You are not Axl Rose...You are not his lawyer either. That's Ali.

14 That literally made me laugh out loud.

This literally made me laugh out loud

Bono...

Bono wrote:

If those set lists are a sign of things to come this tour needs a good theme song. I'll nominate these three since it's all about the money

[youtube]Ur4XJCm3deQ&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Axl's new "heel" theme

Although I think this is more appropriate these days

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

Bit of an exaggeration to say he's better than 2010 but i'm blown away that he has CLEARLY gotten fit and gotten his voice ready. It's so different to the start of 2011 and even 2009. This I Love isn't quite up there with full-throated versions like Toronto 2010 as he's still relying heavily on falsetto but when he can manage his voices as wel as he does here to minimise stress i'm all for it.

I'd rather he sang like this every night and was still able to do it in 10 years than he try and sing like he did in 2010 all the time and shorten his career.

This makes me really excited for Nottingham next Friday. I've mostly given u hope for new music, vids,  interviews etc altogether so i'm just gonna badger him with signs for Twat at the UK shows tongue

I completely agree on the point where I'd rather him pace himself (read: use falsetto to manage his voice better) so he can keep doing 3 hour shows and extend his career than just go blow his voice out.

Having said that, that second YCBM video up there sounds TONS better overall.

I'd rather he blow his voice out, lol. I'd rather have one amazing show, then years of crap.

I mean this is the way I look at it, if he has literally NO intention of releasing music, than there's really no reason for him to protect his voice live. So why not just go all out, then hang it up?

To me protecting his voice to do a whole tour of 3 hour shows really only applies if there's a reason to protect his voice. Right now, we've seen none.

P.S.

And a special thanks to newbie Russian fan Rimov for that great review! Welcome!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I would prefer 50 minute shows that are smashed out of the building at like 90% vocally than 3 hours of 60% power.

It's the old quality vs quantity.

More so I'd prefer the focus was on recording not live. But I guess the modern industry is geared towards touring not recording. Just artistically speaking..the remaining parts of that voice should not be wasted on singing jungle for the 50,000th time...to entertain the people who happen to go one night....at the expense of the generations of people that would enjoy another studio album for years long after we're all dead....that's my logic.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The tour started?

Wake me up an actual new tour starts. I am happy for those getting to see the show and wanting too. I saw them twice last during the US run. But for me its the same old show. I can't discuss it anymore. I'm tired. 16 Might check out some vids but for me it's not interesting anymore. Start playing new or new to this band songs and shake up the order of the songs then I will be real interested again.

Welcome to the forum Rimov

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

How the hell do people really nutswing to Axl anymore?

He has been using the same setlist since 2006, minus adding a little more Chines Democracy songs.

He can't release music.

Stuck in the past and washed up more than my penis when it is in a pool.

It is a muddle and joke.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer