You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Anyone watch M3 tonight? Ratt

Axlin16 wrote:

I never ever listened to Heartbreak Station... I think after all these years I might check it out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

You got it. The More Things Change is decent, too. Heartbreak Station IS a cool song.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Checked out Heartbreak Station... ehh, I have a hard time buying them as a blues rock act. It's the first album i've heard from them that I think is a 'real album listen' type of album. Not so much song here, song there, but an album listen. You have to listen to Heartbreak Station start-to-finish to kinda absorb it.

As for the music, it's not bad, but something is far-fetched and has a real feeling of "forced". I think maybe for bands like Poison & Ratt that tried to convert to it in the late 90's, it was more organic and gradual, because they had always kinda teased it.

Cinderella literally following up Long Cold Winter, and trying to suddenly convince you they're (or Tom) is actually the second-coming of The Rolling Stones. Ehh, I don't think so.

Not a bad album, not their best, but certainly worthy of being remembered and not forgotton. But the album reaks of what alot of the glam bands were going through during that time, they seem absolutely lost with the grunge/alternative explosion.

daffodil1003
 Rep: 0 

daffodil1003 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I actually skipped over Cinderella back in the day, kinda like Warrant. Like i'd rather find something else, and no other reason than that usually.

Then I walked into a Wal-Mart (in the present day), about 7-8 years ago when rock tee's were all the rage again, and no shit, in a fuckin' Wal-Mart in like 2005, there was a Cinderella shirt.

I was like "Wtf?" You've got Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Bon Jovi, Pearl Jam, U2.... Cinderella.

Anyways it made me pick up Night Songs and Long Cold Winter, and I was blown away how good it was. Sorely underrated, I thought it was better than Jovi.

Thanks you for the post.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer