You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: your setlist.........again

Axlin16 wrote:

I still don't think they're gonna stray too much from what they are already doing. Even songs like DTJ, which would be cool, is a total Slash song that will probably stay tucked firmly in the back catalog vault in a distant memory.

Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Paradise ity, and Sweet Child O' Mine are staples that aren't going anywhere, as much as I personally think Easy & Mr. B are cuttable in 2012.

Patience and Don't Cry should be alternated. Patience some nights, Don't Cry others.

LALD & KOHD should be alternated. Depending on rock-heavy vs. ballad-heavy shows.

Songs such as Dust N' Bones, You Ain't The First, 14 Years & So Fine that are Izzy/Duff-related should absolutely NOT, I repeat NOT be performed. I'm sorry, but those songs should be reserved for Izzy/Duff special guest appearences or otherwise retired. You want Tommy to do something cool, GN'R-related? Let him sing some of those punk covers from Spaghetti.

Breaking out songs like The Garden or Dead Horse would be cool from UYI I, but not much more than that. Bad Obsession seems to be too much of an "old band" song, no different than Move To The City. Pretty Tied Up too.

I'd vote for Breakdown & Loco, but vocally it'd put Axl into the grave, no different than TWAT.

Shackler's & Scraped should be alternated. Maddy dropped, and umm, Catcher & If The World revived and alternated.

I don't really see most of UYI I & II being revived. Maybe something like Yesterdays could be used as a wink and slag to the old band.

CD is another one that what you see is what you get. TWAT ain't gonna happen, even though it should (it's become the Breakdown & Locomotive of it's day). Catcher, ITW, I.R.S are all options. Sorry & TIL have become staples. Don't see Riad & Prostitute happening at all, sorry.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Realistic set:

Night 1:

-Civil War
-It's So Easy
-Mr. Brownstone
-Shackler's Revenge
  Richard Solo (James Bond Theme)
-If The World
-Sorry
-You Could Be Mine
Dizzy Solo
-New Song #1
-This I Love
  DJ Ashba Solo
-Sweet Child O' Mine
  Axl Rose Solo (Love of My Life--Queen cover)
-November Rain
  Tommy Solo ("You Can't Put Arms Around A Memory")
-Knockin' On Heaven's Door
-New Song #2
-I Wanna Be Somebody (W.A.S.P cover)
  Ron Thal Solo
-Patience
-Yesterdays
-Nightrain

Encore:
-Welcome To The Jungle
-Better
-Estranged
  Ron & Richard Solo
-Paradise City

Night 2:

-Perfect Crime
-It's So Easy
-Mr. Brownstone
-Scraped
  Richard Solo (James Bond Theme)
-Live and Let Die
  Dizzy Solo
-Catcher In The Rye
-You Could Be Mine
-This I Love
  DJ Ashba Solo
-Sweet Child O' Mine
  Axl Rose Solo (Someone Like You--Adele cover)
-November Rain
  Tommy Solo (Pretend That We're Dead--L7 cover)
-Big Dumb Sex (Axl & Tommy)
-The Garden
-I.R.S.
  Ron Thal Solo
-Don't Cry
  Axl Rose Guitar/Band Jam (Nutshell jam)
-Dead Horse
-Sister Morphine
-Welcome To The Jungle
-Nightrain

Encore:
-Chinese Democracy
-Estranged
  Ron & Richard Solo
-Paradise City

Alternates for any show: Out Ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, Used To Love Her, Don't Cry (alternate lyrics), Down On The Farm, There Was A Time

Alternates for potential Izzy shows: Think About You, Dust N' Bones, You Ain't The First, 14 Years

Alternates for potential Duff shows: New Rose, You Ain't The First, So Fine

Officially retired: My Michelle, You're Crazy, Nice Boys, Mama Kin, Dead Flowers, Whole Lotta Rosie, Street of Dreams, Riad N' The Bedouins, Madagascar

--------------

They'd never do it though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You really put some thought into that setlist, dude. Look at the covers and jams!! Damn. smile

Lets see Richard do a montage of James bond themes, like Goldfinger and Diamonds Are Forever, etc.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah i'd like that alot. Richard puts alot of passion into those Bond themes. It'd be really cool if he changed them up between ITW & LALD.

In regards to the covers, I just thought some of those would be really appropriate, work as intros, and also fit the guys.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

awesome setlists axlin ! that would be fuckin' great. great idea for the 'someone like you'

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Axlins are fair and realistic. Some others are not. Axl's can't sing Prostitute and TWAT. It will vocally kill him. Civil War ain't a good starter though.

Sky Dog wrote:

You can cover up your guts. But, when you cover up your nuts, you're admitting that there must be something wrong....

It all looks fine to the Naked Eye....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

There seems to be this thing going around that Axl can't sing twat.

Sure parts of it had issues...but then parts of Jungle have issues these days too...but the screams in it sounded amazing in 2010 to me.....

Oh...and if the band doesn't reserve civil war and estranged for a Slash guest spot then I see no reason to reserve Dust and Bones for Izzy.....:peace:

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Axlins are fair and realistic. Some others are not. Axl's can't sing Prostitute and TWAT. It will vocally kill him. Civil War ain't a good starter though.

We won't know until we do it. I just thought it could be a change-up-er. Something a little different to kick off the show. It wouldn't hurt Axl vocally, as he seems to sing that song today like one of the better ones, and it seems to be vocally easy for him.

Another option could be moving Nightrain back to the opener ala the 1992 shows, and in a cool '88-style twist... use Jungle to CLOSE the initial set.

Would work, and be a curveball a bit. And of course the guys could always revert back to those alternated versions of the 2010 & 2006 sets to throw people off.

Oh and thanks to all for the compliments on the setlists, I did spend a bit of time thinking about it, playing some YouTube vids, seeing what would work with THIS band.

Board footer