You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 'Dallas' to be revived on TNT network

Sky Dog wrote:

I liked the first one...need to watch episode 2 tonight or tomo.

Bono, now I know what happened to you....3 months of total darkness will scar you for life! wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I actually enjoyed Episode 3 the most so far of the bunch. Seems to be getting juicier, and J.R. is getting back into the swing of things again. Hagman looks like he is relishing playing the role again. He seems to be more of a throwback to early-era J.R. which was basically Tony Soprano in a cowboy hat.

Hidden Text:

Christopher's new wife setting him up for whatever reason we don't know yet is an interesting twist. Who is she? Who is her partner on the ranch? Are they just con artists, or is there something more? Cliff Barnes came back in episode 3 and added a whole new dimension of 'setup' for Christopher. Cliff's daughter with Afton Cooper was named "Rebecca". Christopher never met in her in the original series. Now suddenly a girl named "Rebecca" is married to Christopher, suddenly Cliff returns filthy rich wanting to buy into Christopher's methane gas deal in Japan.

Something stinks, and those two are working together imo.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am caught up....JR is classic with the red face and pointy eyebrows...clearly trying to reference El Diablo. Cliff has a sinister look as well. Good stuff.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Was channel surfing the other night and caught Episode 4. Then went back and watched the first three. Good shit! I work in the land side of the oil and gas business, so these power plays are hilarious to watch. I liked how they drilled a well right off the bat during the pilot episode. The legal shenanigans are great to watch as someone who deals with transfers of mineral ownership all the time. Now I need to rent the old series on Netflix. Never seen it because it was before my time (born in '85).

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

My only issue with the show so far, and maybe this is because it's a cable show now, so the budget is lower... is the lack of action. The original series at it's core was an action show. The action elements helped move it along and give it more credibility.

A bit of that was toyed with in the season premiere with the oil strike on Southfork, and then has been dropped ever since.

I'd like to see the show turn up the action a little more. Or at least the sex element. It's getting a bit talky for my taste.

But it's still quality, no doubt. Nice to see it have such a strong return. Hopefully it continues in Season 2.

tejastech08 wrote:

Was channel surfing the other night and caught Episode 4. Then went back and watched the first three. Good shit! I work in the land side of the oil and gas business, so these power plays are hilarious to watch. I liked how they drilled a well right off the bat during the pilot episode. The legal shenanigans are great to watch as someone who deals with transfers of mineral ownership all the time. Now I need to rent the old series on Netflix. Never seen it because it was before my time (born in '85).

Tejas if you're gonna check out the original series, just fyi the show doesn't really pick up until mid-Season 2, and especially at the start of Season 3 it turns pure awesome.

When the original show started it only did stand-alone episodes until the second-half of Season 2. Then they started the continual serial element of it where every episode was a mini-cliffhanger that brought you back next week. From that point the series just took off.

Now i'm NOT saying don't watch the series from the beginning. You have to (imo) to understand the progress of the character development in the series, as well as the principles involved. From the very pilot episode.

I'm just saying if you do this, and it feels "a bit slow" early on... give it time. It gets better. Alot better.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

TNT renews "Dallas", "Rizzoli & Isles"; each series avg. 7 mil viewers
by Jon Weisman / Variety

dallas-2012-julie-gonzalo-patrick-duffy-larry-hagman-brenda-strong-linda-gray-josh-henderson-jordana-brewster-jesse-metcalfe-ph-mark-seliger.jpg

TNT announced today that it has picked up drama series Dallas and Rizzoli & Isles for their second and fourth seasons, respectively.

Dallas, which is a continuation of the classic drama that ran from 1978 to 1991, has been renewed for a 15-episode second season, slated to air in 2013.

"Dallas has been a success for us on every level: pitch-perfect writing, smart directing and buzz-worthy performances by a new generation of stars and their iconic counterparts," Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT says in a statement. "With Dallas' top-flight ratings, robust growth through time-shifted viewing and the extensive online buzz, it's clear the Ewings of Southfork have once again captured the imagination of viewers."

Also getting the green light for more drama is Rizzoli & Isles, starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. The series, which ranks as summer's number one returning scripted series on basic cable, will get a 15-episode fourth season, also set for 2013.

"Anchoring a new night in its third season, Rizzoli & Isles has proven itself to be a strong and enduring hit, not only in terms of the great storylines and performances, but also in terms of the show's stellar ratings," Wright says. "We're thrilled that Rizzoli & Isles will continue to be a vital part of the TNT lineup."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_ … z1zUl54fLW

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Glad to know that we at least will get the Ewings and character development for another season at least.

The series has apparently been a big hit for TNT.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

My only issue with the show so far, and maybe this is because it's a cable show now, so the budget is lower... is the lack of action. The original series at it's core was an action show. The action elements helped move it along and give it more credibility.

A bit of that was toyed with in the season premiere with the oil strike on Southfork, and then has been dropped ever since.

I'd like to see the show turn up the action a little more. Or at least the sex element. It's getting a bit talky for my taste.

But it's still quality, no doubt. Nice to see it have such a strong return. Hopefully it continues in Season 2.

tejastech08 wrote:

Tejas if you're gonna check out the original series, just fyi the show doesn't really pick up until mid-Season 2, and especially at the start of Season 3 it turns pure awesome.

When the original show started it only did stand-alone episodes until the second-half of Season 2. Then they started the continual serial element of it where every episode was a mini-cliffhanger that brought you back next week. From that point the series just took off.

Now i'm NOT saying don't watch the series from the beginning. You have to (imo) to understand the progress of the character development in the series, as well as the principles involved. From the very pilot episode.

I'm just saying if you do this, and it feels "a bit slow" early on... give it time. It gets better. Alot better.

I've already started watching it. Pretty good shit so far. I am through the "Reunion" double episode where Gary comes home and J.R. forces him to leave.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Awesome. From that point forward they still go for stand-alone episodes, but the serial nature of the show starts to pick up, and Cliff gets something REAL interesting to do during the season! wink

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Good episode tonight. Loved that ending. Spoilers below:

Hidden Text:

John Ross is in some deep shit. Christopher should show that video to Elena.

Board footer