You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: the darkness

Scabbie wrote:

Are set to reform! I hope they come up with some really hard rockin cheek tunes!

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Good news, great band!

Lomax wrote:

yeah the darkness are back !!!

This is huge for me anyway, that first album is one of my all time favorites.

Lomax wrote:

This is the band that made me pick up the guitar and almost 8 years later music is a full time career for me.

I'd put permission to land up there with Appetite for destruction

This song "Love is only a Feeling" has not been topped for songwritting/guitar lines/awesomeness since it's release.

For some reason I always thought of "better" as Axl's spin on this tune tough in reality Better was likely written well before

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Riad wrote:

yeah the darkness are back !!!

This is huge for me anyway, that first album is one of my all time favorites.

Its awesome...only the latest gigs are for Download ticket holders only...:flame:

When I first watched the Darkness live I had a big smile accross my face all through the gig

If they record again I hope they inject some of that AC/DC/Queen Classic Rock influence that made Permisssion to land so great.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I was a huge fan of these guys when they first hit the scene. I loved the Queen influences, and thought they were really the first guys to have the guts to go back to that classic 70's & 80's rock sound, which eventually alot of rock acts followed.

I'm glad to see them back. I haven't listened to their stuff since they were hot, it's time to dig back in and get refreshed for their return.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Footage of new songs:

Nothing is going to stop us:

[youtube]RK8km45YykA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

and

Cannon Ball

Lomax wrote:

The Darkness are back. After announcing their long awaited reunion last year they've begun a low key release of some new music.
So far, new album "Hot Cakes" is sounding like a more relaxed version of their first "Permission to Land".

Judge for yourselves, here are three studio quality cuts from the album.

These first two videos are commenting on the recession, heralding the Darkness's return as a form of light relief. Which is not only funny, but true for some people, myself included. If Rock n Roll is my drug, the Darkness are crystal meth

There's a lyric in here that goes "I'm in a band with my brother and my 2 best mates" That just sums up the Darkness perfectly.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Pretty much picking up where they left off with the Queen-inspired tracks. Not bad. "Every Inch of You" is pure Freddie-ism.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Not a fan of 'Nothing Gonna Stop Us' much.  Maybe it was because I was singing to myself 'Don't stop me now, having such a good time, having a ball' while listening to it.  Every Inch aint bad, and has more of a PTL feel to it.  I don't think, with this album at least, they will see half the notoriety they once did in the old days, which is a shame because I think Justin is a pretty mean axeman, but falls short and a little hit and miss like live Axl in the vocal dept.

Board footer