You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Sons of Anarchy Season 5

Axlin16 wrote:

Finally got caught up on all the episodes. Kinda standard fare honestly. Not nearly as riveted as I was during Season 4. The Tara shit is getting old. Gemma falling apart is an interesting change.

Did anybody catch a couple weeks ago when Soundgarden's new single got used on there? One of the rare times they license an actual artist's song, pretty cool placement for it. I liked "Been Gone Too Long" a little better in a motorcycle chase.

johndivney wrote:

just saw over on HTGTH that DJ Ashba is making a guest appearance in ep12 of this season.
dunno what to think about that tbh..

really starting to like jax a lot more this sason. i never really got him or cared much about him before, but he's got an edge & got problems now he's at the top of the table. he's finally killing like h shoulda done yrs ago, hopefully he pops juice & clay this yr... doubt it tho cause of how reluctant they are to kill off the main cast, one of my few gripes w/this show..

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No shit, DJ on Sons?

Guess that means Kurt is a GN'R dude. Or Sixx:AM.

Somehow I think GN'R is more likely. Axl, Ron & Frank would also be perfect for the show. They actually look like bikers.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Dave Narrvaro is gonna be in it as well. One of Nero's guys. Jane's Addiction is also covering a classic tune for the finale. 

He hasn't killed more of the main cast cause there are still 2 seasons to go. Next season you will see more main characters going. There is still a need for them. I think another will go before the end of this season. I do agree Clay should be gone by the end of this season but I see him lucking out again. The only way I see Juice not biting it is if he comes up with those legal papers to prove Clay is behind it but then again Juice has been clays bitch and Jax is cold so that might not matter.

I agree with Jax, he is stone cold now. This is how opes death is affecting him. The scene on the roof where he puts two in that black guys stomach is so fucking cold. The evolution of the character of Jax has been amazing from Season One to now. Charlie Hunnam(sp?) has become Jax Teller. Great acting.

I would love to see Gemma bite it too. I believe they all are gonna bite it in the end. Even Jax.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I actually ain't so sure I want Clay gone now. After the last couple of episodes, Clay has been brought back into the fold and after his role was scaled back and you see now how much Clay adds to the show.

Ron Pealman is the patriarch of the show. No matter Jimmy Smits, Perlman/Clay will NEVER EVER be replaceable. As much as I said Clay needed to die -- the show needs him the more I think about it.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I agree. The last few shows he has really added to shit. But it has to happen soon. How long can he get off lucky? Sooner or later shit catches up. I still dont want him til the end of the series.

Jax and Cibs are both outta of it and that is dangerous. Bobby is now the odd man out. Jax is completely lost in his anger and rage.

Clay still holds the secret about Gemma so that has to play out before he is offed.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I do think Clay deserves some about face moment before dying though. Jax deserves the truth about John and Gemma.

I think a proper end would be Jax realizing that Clay really did love him all those years and felt obligated to be his dad after Gemma did what she did.

Then Jax has a tender moment in his eyes, tells Clay he's sorry... and shoots him right between the eyes. Then looks to the side, sees a picture on the wall of Gemma... then gets that look in his eyes like he did after Opie got killed, and the show fades to the title card.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

This season won't fucking let up. It kicked off in high gear and hasn't slowed a bit. It's more violent and emotional than the other seasons. And shaping up to be their best season yet.

The displays of violence are a relief from the emotional scenes. Jax emotionally extorting his mother? That hits harder than the pipe to Opes head did.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought Season 4 was kinda crazy and leading up to their best season ever, but so far I think i've liked Season 5 as much, if not a little better.

Might end up being just like The Shield & Rescue Me. Season 5 was the pinnacle for those shows too.

johndivney wrote:

maybe i knew & just forgot, maybe i've even mentioned it on here, or maybe it's been discussed on here, but i didn't know kurt sutter was the guy who plays otto until today.

another first, i have always really disliked donal logue. it's purely irrational but he has always annoyed the hell out of me - that horrible grounded for life shite, even in terriers* which was a great show he bugged the hell out of me. but i was pleased to see him being an asshole here & am looking forward to him keeping it up. great introduction just a shame he didn't get more time, but the episode had a lot in it i suppose.

terriers also starred rockmund dunbar of course, another actor who used to annoy the shit out of me until his Sons turn.

there is an insane cast in this show now, especially that last episode near everyone was in it!

Board footer